Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

best place in country

bpul2113

Ok, lets say money was no object and you wanted the best deer and waterfowl farm in the country. A place for giant bucks and good waterfowl. Where would you go, what state, place, or province. BTW exclude our home state, no IOWA. Try to be specific as possible with reasoning to back it up.

South Dakota

You'd have to have a large farm, but with the right parcel you could have both, along with tremendous pheasant!

If money was no object you could probably make any place good.

Idaho would be awesome since you could have Mule, whitetail, elk, moose, bear, and wolf to hunt on a giant parcel. Just would have to figure out how to make some areas flat and plant a ton of corn and soybeans for the whitetail. Lots of good lakes around there that could be bought.

I'd pry go Kansas or Ohio.... If big enough, you could insulate from huge population in Ohio and they have awesome genetics, nutrition and the GOLDEN late gun season with a one buck limit. So, no matter how big, I would never go to a state where I'm surrounded by rifles and shotguns going off mid November. Only thing I don't like about KS is the dry spells which are more common and result in bigger fluctuations in EHD.

Waterfowl, I'd just have a truck load shipped in each day & released while my buddies "hunted" them.

Yes Saskatchewan if it was this continent but that's out of the country

Sask is this continent and the OP had province as a choice even tho he did say "this country".

Can I go with 1 of what everyone has stated already. Money was no object, right:)

Illinois might even work if Chicago politics could be kept from the rest of the state policy.

I did a thread similar to this several years ago on another site. My choice back then and now would be Ohio southern part. Lots of awesome deer have been shot in that state.

Yes Saskatchewan if it was this continent but that's out of the country

Nowhere in this country has provinces like he listed so I assumed he was open to north of the border options.
North Dakota would be another great choice. Some great deer hunting there that is not quite as well known about.
Montana would also be an option for overall opportunity for whitetails and waterfowl.

Last edited:
Ohio for me from what I have seen. 1 buck rule is awesome as we have that here in Indiana and you could find an awesome large tract their.

Jarin

Without a doubt Kansas for me. I know of an 80 acre farm that three deer over 175" were taken three years in a row. I've also walked into a corner of a Milo field and flushed so many pheasants I thought they were 100's of trash birds... Not to mention their ridiculous turkey population.

Last edited:
The Dakota's would be up there but if I was pulling up stakes to go somewhere else for the hunting it would probably be Montana.

I live in southern Ohio deer hunting is great but waterfowl isn't the best I would pick Washington seen big deer killed there and heard the waterfowl is great to

I would vote kansas as well. Great genetics, very low hunter density, and in lots of areas the terrain features make it somewhat easier to predict deer movement.

I'd go west, lots of animals to chase. Montana or Wyoming would be my pick. I'm too busy in the fall chasing whitetails to worry about waterfowl though.

Top Bottom