Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Summer Buck Pics

Hair&Scales

Anyone have any secrets to getting good summer buck velvet pics, I usually get a good amount just always looking to get better as I love to see them grow. Any certain type of mineral or lick that people have had experience getting good pics with. I have had weird experiences with deer cain the liquid, I had one spot the deer mowed down like 30 yds of vegetation. Have put it in other areas with no luck at all.

I use Trophy Rock, they don't hit the minerals year round but spring is the time to set a camera on one.

I have alot of good luck picking a few buckets of apples from my parents apple tree and dumping them in front of cameras. Good way to get inventory and nothing left over because deer clean them up entirely.

Mineral, mineral with molasses, lil corn & apples, long skinny food plots, etc. Good luck!

I like corn. 50-100 lbs a week depending on deer density, then after 2-3 weeks I usually move the camera. By that point either nothing worthwhile has shown itself or you're going to pile up repeat pictures of the same buck. If a target buck has shown up, moving the camera a few hundred yards and repeating the process helps me start to define a home range. It's shocking what a difference 300 yards can make, even with an attractant like corn in front of your camera.

Anyone have any secrets to getting good summer buck velvet pics, I usually get a good amount just always looking to get better as I love to see them grow. Any certain type of mineral or lick that people have had experience getting good pics with. I have had weird experiences with deer cain the liquid, I had one spot the deer mowed down like 30 yds of vegetation. Have put it in other areas with no luck at all.

I've tried a little bit of everything over the past 20-25 years. By far I have had the best luck and consistent pictures creating mineral sites in late winter early spring before the summer green up. I run 10-12 cams on 120 acres.

Top Bottom