Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big turnip contest

id be willing to bet anything that those things would give a guy some serious gas!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

bonker,
is this a whitail site or a farmers market?nice turnips bonk, if we could only figure how to grow antlers as big as those turnips we'd have it made!

My kids and I like them sliced we eat them raw. We picked some for Santas reindeer a few weeks ago (we put them in the freezer) we ended up eating a few and my boy took some to pre school for the letter T day (they bring in something that starts with T). They cut them up and ate them he said most of the kids liked them.

They're actually pretty tasty. My mom puts them in her beef stew, and my grandma cooks them like potatoes and eats them with butter on them.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">id be willing to bet anything that those things would give a guy some serious gas!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Dude, you could eat a stalk of celery and wash it down with water and STILL have fly killing gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So true. And you brag you can do the blazing hot wings? Yeah right. </div></div>

Used to....

but i wont anymore....

My buddy picks a few purple tops out of my plot everytime he walks by it and takes them to the stand with him. He sits there and peels them with his knife and eats them like that. He says its just like eating a radish. I haven't tried it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weighed in at a little of 2 1/2 lbs. </div></div>

Wow! I'm impressed! Looks like the one to beat! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

That one is impressive. I took a look at mine this weekend
and had a few whoppers in there. DO not think I can pass that one though.

I was actually gonna let Bonker win and not submit any. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Thought the deer might enjoy them.

As far as eating them they are very good. I always pick some for a gal at work to cook her stew and always eat a few myself I figure what the heck nothing else is eating them yet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Things will change though with the snow.

Peel 'em? Heck, just knock the big chunks a dirt off and have at it.

eating_turnips_031.jpg

eating_turnips_030.jpg

The 'Bonker

why does this not surprise me.....

watch where you are driving or you might have another "accident"

ahahahahaha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peel 'em? Heck, just knock the big chunks a dirt off and have at it.

eating_turnips_031.jpg

eating_turnips_030.jpg

The 'Bonker </div></div>

This needs to be on a "how to eat turnips" manual and I need to hand them out to my local herd of deer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This needs to be on a "how to eat turnips" manual and I need to hand them out to my local herd of deer. </div></div>

This is the one that needs to be in the manual cause deer don't got no thumbs.

eating_turnips_003.jpg

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This needs to be on a "how to eat turnips" manual and I need to hand them out to my local herd of deer. </div></div>

This is the one that needs to be in the manual cause deer don't got no thumbs.

eating_turnips_003.jpg

The 'Bonker </div></div>

LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He ain't right... </div></div>

Bonks, with your previous experience with that machine...I'd be keeping two hands on the wheel or you might be back to eating without thumbs /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good to see some of your swagger is back.

When does the contest officially end? I want to know if I'm Mr. Big Turnip 2008. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We'll have to make sure to sticky a big turnip contest for next year.

Top Bottom