Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big turnip contest

I’m ready to declare you winner and champion of the big turnip contest.

As self appointed Commissioner of the Big Turnip Contest I here by bestow upon SEIowaDeerslayer the title of “Mr. Big Turnip, 2008” with all of the rights, responsibilities and privileges there by earned.

That is, if it is OK with dbltree and the other mods of this forum. Its kinda like saying something and then checking with my wife to see if what I said was OK.

The ‘Bonker

BTW, mine was prettier than yours. Cat that is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is, if it is OK with dbltree and the other mods of this forum. </div></div>

Bonker...you are officially Commissioner of the Big Turnip Contest /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bonker...you are officially Commissioner of the Big Turnip Contest /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Bonks, Is that a power trip I sense coming on????? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Bonker...you are officially Commissioner of the Big Turnip Contest /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Bonks, Is that a power trip I sense coming on????? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

No, what you sense is gas. Set it free.

BTW, I opened your bottle tonight.

The 'Bonker

I'll be by for the empty tomorrow so I can get my nickel back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Tomorow? Heck, it is empty now. Woulda had her chugged an hour or so ago but I had to pry some piece of plastic outa the neck. It was makin it hard to chug. Excuse me, I have to go throw up
now.

Oh yeah, can we change the name from Big Turnnip Commissioner to Omnipotent Grand and Exhalted Potentate of the Grandest Brassicas Rapa var. Purple Top in All the Land Competition?

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys seriously not eat turnips? </div></div>

never had one....

kinda scared to try....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

I always like turnips when I was growing up. We always ate then over the winter. We would sometimes mix then in the mashed potatoes. Very tasty!

Having said that, I don’t remember eating any off them in the last 25 years. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PMA Memberships and IBA Memberships & Renewals

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'Bonker, here is something I found for you. Christmas is only a few weeks away, there's time to get this.

The Hat of Hats </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

If only Omnipotent Grand and Exhalted Potentate of the Grandest Brassicas Rapa var. Purple Top in All the Land Competition would fit underneath that turnip! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Naw, the winner gets the hat. The Omnipotent Grand and Exhalted Potentate needs a crown. My septer shall be made of platinum, gold and titainum, my orb shall be an amethyst and diamond encrusted crystal shpere with a giant emerald at the top.

I have spoken, it shall be so.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys seriously not eat turnips? </div></div>

Eat them all the time. I love turnip greens, have to have it at least once a week. Also love fried turnips. Those are good. Don't have a good turnip plot this year, so haven't had any fried turnips this year.

Move over boys! UP Bowhunter just sent me pics of his mega monster turnip!! 5#'s 24" around!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

UpTurnip1.jpg

UPTurnip2.jpg

UPTurnip3.jpg

UPTurnip4.jpg

It's a little hard to make out the weight in the pic but the 24" is obviously the Monster Turnip!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Omnipotent Grand and Exalted Potentate shall have to consider this new entry and make a ruling on the true and rightful winner of the Mr. Big Turnip Contest 2008.

CLOCK TICKING

The Omnipotent Grand and Exalted Potentate has carefully and wisely, with out the aid of any neuroenhancing substances, considered this new entry and rules that since there wasn't a time limit established for entries into the Mr. Big Turnip Contest 2008 UP Bowhunter is hereby declared "Mr. Big Turnip 2008" with all the rights, responsibilities and privileges thereby earned.

The Omnipotent Grand and Exalted Potentate hereby declares the Mr. Big Turnip 2008 contest officially closed.

The Omnipotent Grand and Exalted Potentate further rules for those turnip growers out there that would still like to share their big turnips you will receive an Honorable Mention, or as we used to say “The loser’s ribbon”.

The Omnipotent Grand and Exalted Potentate shall now retire to his castle to contemplate and discuss with his confidant Mushetta the rules for “Mr. Big Turnip Contest 2009”. I don’t trust Mushetta that much because she can be easily swayed by offers of kitty treats. Mushetta can be reached by email at mushetta@bonkersbigkitty.cat

SEIowaDeerSlayer will have to turn in his sash and crown forthwith. Ya didn’t spill anything on the sash did ya? And I bet that big ‘ol Michigan turnip was pithy anyway.

How many pasty pies could ya make with a turnip that big? MMMmmmm pastys. That was my favorite thing about the UP.

Good thing it wasn’t after noon when I saw this. The ruling could have gone a whole nuther direction what with neuroenhancement and all.

The ‘Bonker

Top Bottom