Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Binoculars

arm

Leg
Before I buy new, checking to see if anyone had something for sale. I'm in south central iowa. Thank you

I personally hate having binoculars on while hunting after I tried to shoot a coyote and the binocs got stuck in the string and bent a cam. Not a good experience. I now put a small Leupold monocular in my vest pocket and use that. It is 8 x 25 and allows a closer look at a deer while still maintaining my bow in my left hand. Just quicker and I don't have to worry about it getting in the way. Now this is just for bow hunting, it wouldn't apply during shotgun or muzzleloader.

Same here. I don't wear them just for that fear. I constantly hand them on hand because I can usually see some distance from trees. I've thought about monocular as well just for a space saver sice I don't use a backpack but a fanny pack

I personally hate having binoculars on while hunting after I tried to shoot a coyote and the binocs got stuck in the string and bent a cam. Not a good experience. I now put a small Leupold monocular in my vest pocket and use that. It is 8 x 25 and allows a closer look at a deer while still maintaining my bow in my left hand. Just quicker and I don't have to worry about it getting in the way. Now this is just for bow hunting, it wouldn't apply during shotgun or muzzleloader.

Ever try the bino buddy style straps? Holds close to your chest. Binos NEVER get in the way. It is one of the pieces of gear I think is a MUST have. I feel naked in the woods without them tight to my chest.

Last edited:
^^^^^
2nd on bingo buddy style straps. Several different brands out there, been using them for years and my binocs have never gotten in the way since.

I feel naked without my binos. I absolutely love having them with me. Over the years I always just had them hanging on my neck with the strap that they come with and just tuck them inside my jacket or in my harness and have never had a problem. I just recently bought the lockdown harness by s4gear and really like it so far. I'm also carrying a fairly large pair of binoculars so the weight of the neck strap started to get annoying.

I use a bino buddy or Alaska guide gear bivy. Before that Used just the strap set long over one shoulder and under my arm. That was my favorite way to carry. Easy to use and never in the way

Last edited:
I'd be lost without my binos. Grunt call, etc. yes- I've even got all the way to my stand and realized I left my bow in the truck. Those chest straps are killer for binos though.
I'd get whatever you can stretch to afford. I got my one and done swaros as my wedding present to myself and I just don't plan on buying another set. I 1st had bushnells that fell apart- 2 different ones, junk. I had Leica & did not like em. Buddies have vortex and others seem to really like.

agree with above about buy as much as you can afford. There are huge differences. It's worth it to me. I gotta say Skip... Love my 10x Lieca Geovids though. ;) Was counting points on a buck at 1,100 yards the other day....(measured later on google maps). Built in rangefinder takes away the need to take another piece of gear to woods. Like everything else, personal preference..... try em' all.

Top Bottom