Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biologic Maximum - Other Radish/Brassicas Review

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see what the real world experience is for all of you that have used either biologic maximum, or another mix of radishes and brassicas. I used them one year on one of my Missouri farms, and the brassicas looked beautiful and were over knee height, but not one deer hit them while I was hunting over them. What are your thoughts?

Trying to decide between putting a few new plots in the old bread n butter (Clover) or trying maximum again.

I always Follow the Dbltree brassica mix and never had a issues , I follow the rotation with the Cereal Grains kind of Makes food plots fur dummies easy.. From my reading Brassicas maybe new to your deer or area and deer haven't figured out what to do with them. They mow mine to the ground . You should read the Brassica Thread in Dlbtree Corner and you'll have your answer. Id read all of the threads in that sections maybe twice :)

Agree with Jbohn about some deer taking time to get used to brassicas/turnips. I'm on year 4 planting them and deer actually ate some this year. Clover is good unless you're looking for a late season/bad weather plot, then think about corn &/or soybeans.

^^^^^^ above! Same on my place, didn't touch them for three years.....now they mow them to the ground!

Top Bottom