Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind advice

luv2hunt

Anyone have experience with the Hunter's View wigwam blinds? I just can't swing a DoubleBull this year with another little one on the way and the Hunter's View looks like a decent blind for the price. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

yay.gif

To make it short and sweet without offending too many people...

the Hunter's View blinds offer a decent blind for a great price. The wigwam one has the spring steel in it that folds up into a circle isn't it?? If so, in all honestly it's the best spring steel blind I've ever seen. If it's windy out you'll wish you had something different though. The HV blinds are going to be moved with not very much wind unless you stake them out somehow.

I can understand the price point but if you could scrape together the $350 for the DB Import blind you'd probably be much happier.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Ive got a hunters view blind.Muddy had a good point about them moving in the wind.They have loops about halfway up on the blind though, i found by tying these loops to something around the blind small tree etc.. with the ropeprovided you can cut down on the movement a lot.Of course when you start tying the blind to things it also takes awhile longer then 30 seconds to set up.Ive never been in a Double Bull Blind but am assuming from the pictures Ive seen theyre a little bigger than the hunters view ones.The hunters view are great for gun hunting but can be a little cramped for bow hunting.I switched to a smaller single cam bow this spring and it made a huge difference though so it might not be that big of problem depending on what you hunt with.The only other thing I can think of is I wish the inside on them was a darker color, maybe black to help hide you better, maybe the model your looking at has this, im not sure which one ive got.Again Muddy was probably right about liking the double bull better but if you cant afford it right now you can pick up a hunters view for around 50 or 60$ if you catch em on sale.The main reason I bought one was i didnt wanna spend 350$ and find out i didnt like hunting from a ground blind.The hunters view can give you a good idea if you like them or not at a fraction of the cost if youve never hunted out of a blind before.

HOPE MOST OF YOU REALIZE THAT HUNTERS VIEW MAKES 3 STYLES OF GROUND BLINDS. I BELIEVE THE ONE YOU KEEP REFERING TO IS THE WIGWAM. THE TROPHY DEN IS BUILT ON THE SAME PRINCIPAL AS THE DOUBLE BULL.AND THE TEEPEE IS TALLER, SIMILAR TO THE AMERISTEP OUTHOUSE. HOPE THIS MAY CLEAR THE PLAYING FIELDS BEFORE SIGNING OFF ON THE HUNTERS VIEW BRAND NAME. THE BLIND GUY---OUT
wall.gif

M350, the TeePees the one I have.I never said it was a bad blind, i love mine.Is the trophy den bigger but square shaped and shorter?I think a friend of mine bought that one last year and it looked like a better setup than mine.My dad has the Wigwam and it seems to be a little wider than mine also and easier to draw a bow back in.I shoulda been more clear when I said It was cramped to draw a bow back in.That was with an old Hoyt double cam that was 40 inches or better long.Anything shorter shouldnt be a problem.Im thinking about keeping my Teepee to muzzleload and turkey hunt with and buying one of the other two models to bowhunt deer out of.I also said I never been in a double bull, i dont know if they blow around like these do or not, im assuming they also move around some in the wind.
eviljudge.gif

Only one time has my double bull ever moved in the wind.The wind was soo strong that the blind was blown right off the ground and landed 10 feet away.
bigshock.gif

IaArcher - I had the same problem once, a HUGE, and I mean HUGE storm front was bearing down on me and I didn't get braced in time, the 50-60 mph winds hit my T2 and caved the hub in and then proceeded to rip the blind up and over my head and into some multiflower rose bushes!! Then the hail hit. It kind've sucked. I was amazed that it took the tent stakes out of the ground at first but then when I saw the weather that night I realized why it happened!! Now I just head for the truck or cover when I see that big wall cloud coming. Setting up just after those roll through produces some VERY good hunting, it seems as if the thunder and lightning get the old toms fired up sometimes.

Muddy says:"Thunder and lightning gets the old Toms fired up sometimes."
Sorry for getting off subject but we had a storm come through this morning and the Toms went crazy after each thunder clap.
Mother Nature's great locator call!!!
bigshock.gif
Gobble Gobble
bigshock.gif

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up going with an Ameristep doghouse with the shadow guard lining. We'll see how it goes this spring and maybe move up to the double bull in a year or two. Do they make a family sized one??
wink.gif

Top Bottom