Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind chair

isu22andy

Any suggestions on a blind chair to use ? The cheapy I got isn't cutting it loud and sinks into the Mudd . Also kinda a pain to carry . Mainly used for turkey . So quiet around here someone had to post something !

I just took delivery of an ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth Hunter Blind Chair from Amazon. So far am very impressed. Seems quiet and has GREAT height adjustment to accommodate shooting from different heights and through windows of different heights. Legs also independently adjustable to accommodate uneven ground.

I've been using a couple of the Double Bull QS3 Magnum chairs for the past 6-7 years and I like them. They dont swivel, but I don't mind. They are fairly comfortable and pack nicely.

I had one of those ordered but when Turkey River said he wouldn't carry it up the hill for me I canceled the order.

I do, however have one of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Comfort-Max-Mag-Elite-Blind-Chair/1933468.uts?searchPath=/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=turkey+blind+chairs

I tried to figure out how to post a picture of it from Cabela's but my google foo is weak tonight. The chair is kinda pricey and it used all of my points.

I've used it for three seasons. It has a lot of range in the leg adjustment but not enough to change shooting positions, just to level. I tried to make it higher in the front than the back so it leaned back more. It is pretty straight up in the back. When I tried to tip it back by lengthening the front legs it threw off the geometry of the swivel. It is impossible to keep from spinning backwards. The arm rests fold up but I prefer them down for comfort. I can't describe this accurately, but when my sleeves are baggy and they hang over then end of the arm rests they get hung up on the arm rest when I lift my arm.

The chair is pretty heavy and awkward to carry. It does have a shoulder carry strap. I end up carrying it upside down from one of the base supports.

I also use this chair in my garage and the chair has developed small squeak when I shift my weight. The swivel is still quiet. I think if I tried I could isolate the squeak and lube the squeak away.

The material breathes well so when the sun is beating down turning your blind into a sauna your privates won't boil and you won't get monkey butt.

On a Bonker Comfy Scale with 10 being the most comfy and easiest to take a nap in and a 1 being an old tripod that made my privates numb I'd rate this chair a 6 on the BCS.

On the Bonker Value Scale with 10 being a great value well worth the money and a 1 being totally over priced for what you get I'd rate this a 4 on the BVS.

On the Bonker Functionality Scale with 10 being a chair that functions well with good features that will aid in bagging your bird and 1 being better off sitting on the ground than using this chair I' rate this an 7 on the BFS.

There is also the Bonker FOS Scale with 10 being Bonker is FOS and 1 being the Bonker is not FOS but that number is for you to decide.

Picked up the Blackout chair at Bass Pro this weekend. I think it's going to be a nice addition in the turkey blind.

I have tried almost all of them, but the Redneck portable hunting chair is by far the best one I have found. Very comfortable and adjustable legs. Nice carrying strap too.

Ended up with the double bull tri stool ,
Cheap light and quiet .

Next to tighty whities this is the best birth control method ever. Of course your results may vary.

I think I actually own this chair. I know I have one with a double bull logo and it wasn't bad as far as tripod chairs go but about the fourth time I fell out of it while taking a nap I knew it was time for a regular chair.

Top Bottom