Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blinds and thunderstorms

isu22andy

Thinking about presetting a blind on some pressured private ground to sort of stake out my spot for turkey opener however weather looks little rough the next few days . How's a primos double bull fair the weather in a wide open corn field during a thunderstorm ? Would hate to trash a brand new blind by setting it out 5 days too early . Thanks

I've had mine get blown into the trees and torn up a little if it is too windy. Stakes in the soft ground just weren't enough. Now I have some key spots where I put it and have fence posts set next to the hubs. Haven't had a problem since.

I've left blinds out for monthes through all kinds of weather and had them stay in place. First ditch the stakes and string that come with the blind. Tie out all four walls from hubs with stronger rope at, For these I use 18" rebar out from the blind aways to get a good angle on the rope. Also stake down the perimeter of the blind with good tent stakes using all stake down points. Make sure wind can't get underneath edges and windows are all shut tight.

Cross your fingers....

Already got more tent stakes at wall mart . It's a yearly ritual for me as I lose about 4 a year somehow

Top Bottom