Blood trail shed hunting

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by IAdroptine, Apr 7, 2001.

1. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

How many of you fellow shed hunter have located sheds by tracking blood trails?
    I have followed and back-tracked blood sign many times with little to show for it, this time I had better luck.
    [​IMG]

Here is what I found after locating the fresh blood.

[​IMG]

The blood in the first photo is almost everything. Tiny drops were in his bed and along the trail for some thirty yards, one about every 3 feet, not much blood. I never did find the other side.

Mike.

[This message has been edited by IAdroptine (edited 04-07-2001).]

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Admin

Admin Administrator

IADroptine,

Wow great pics! Spent a few hours yesterday shedding but didn't trip over anything.
    I did run into a few blood trails last month but couldn't find the bone. It is very cool though when you do get that close to one falling off of a bucks head.

Keep up the good work!

TLH

4. I think most times the bleeding starts a while before the shed actually drops. By the time the shed drops, there is generally no blood in the vicinity!

I have followed blood trails like this many times, and I have never found a shed yet! I always think that it's just over the next hill, and it just doesn't show up!!!!!