Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcat Deer interaction this morning

crietveld

I was drinking coffee this morning and spotted a couple critters on the hillside west of my house. I grabbed the binos to get a better look and it was a pair of bobcats, they walked into the north side of a little timbered draw. I went out and chored the horses and noticed a couple deer working their way towards the draw the bobcats went into. The deer worked their way to the south point of the draw, downwind of where the cats went in, and started the stiff legged head bob and snorting routine. I went back in the house to watch with the binos and after a few minutes the deer took off back into the field (it was a doe with last years fawns) and the bobcats walked out and sat down. The deer only went about 20 yds and then stopped, the cats trotted towards the deer, and the deer trotted towards the cats. At one point they were within a couple yards of each other. The cats took off south across the field with the deer trotting after them, they stopped and looked back at the deer a couple times like wtf is going on. after a couple hundred yards the deer most of got bored and wondered off into my timber and the cats went south over a hill. Pretty cool thing to witness and from the house and it sure didn't play out like I thought it would.

That would have been fun to watch regardless of outcome. I'd appreciate a morning like that also

Top Bottom