Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowfishing

Waddell Wannabe

Quick Trigger
I've been looking at gettin' into bowfishing lately, and was wondering about possible set ups. I won a youth Matthews Genesis a while back, and obviously never did anything with it. I thought maybe I could get it rigged up for bowfishing, but I think it can only be cranked up to 20 pounds. I know for bowfishing you want a smaller draw weight so you can shoot more, but this seems too small to me. Wondering what you guys have....post pics of your set up too.

Mr. Waddell, I bought everything that I have for my current setup from Boyd at Buck Hollow Sports. My old set-up was just a cheap spool that you would have to reel in by hand after each shot! That sucked, and the day consisted more of reeling in your line than shooting fish. A couple years ago I decided to buy a nice reel, and pretty much has the same concept that your fishing reel does. You just reel back in, very fast, and easy. I think it cost about $60. Works great, and easily attaches to any bow. I attached it to my 2004 Bowtech Patriot that I used to use as a hunting bow and it works great, 50-60lbs. 20lbs does seem really low, and I would recommend using more than that....I guess if you really wanted to you could try it though!

After I bought my setup I shot the arrows into an old deer target to sight it in. Once it was sighted in the carp and gar were dieing like crazy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It would be a great hobby for you to take up. Some of the best bowfishing in Iowa is found in your part of the state!

Once you figure out what bow you are going to use go talk to Boyd and he will hook you up with everything you need!

Here are a few pics of my set-up:

bowfishing2-1.jpg
[/img]

Bowfishing.jpg
[/img]

Are you sure the genesis only goes to 20lbs? I thought it was a little more than that.. If you can get to 40 then shoot it.. I just got a Browning Barracuda, I think its gonna be a good one.

genesis only goes to 20 pounds.

AMS fish hawk, browning barracuda, basicially a 40 pound genesis bow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">genesis only goes to 20 pounds.

AMS fish hawk, browning barracuda, basicially a 40 pound genesis bow </div></div>

You are correct, sir. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thanks for the input guys. Got one rigged up. An old golden eagle.

IMG_0600_5.jpg

IMG_0601_5.jpg

Now all I need from you guys is some carp and buffalo recipes! I've never cleaned a carp either. Should be a learning experience.

Nice rig!

Carp are easy to clean. You cut them up the belly all the way to the tail and then you pitch them over the side of the boat!!!!! You don't really want to eat those nasty things, do you???

Haha, well, I'm being told they are good smoked. ???? I know some of the Laotian people that catch them down by my place take the whole thing home. Not sure I want any part of that, but there's gotta be a use of some kind for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waddell Wannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there's gotta be a use of some kind for them. </div></div>

Yoty bait....

Top Bottom