Bowhunting_Finatic shed thread

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Bowhunting_Finatic, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Bowhunting_Finatic

Bowhunting_Finatic New Member

Hello everyone! I have read through the Iowawhitetail forums for the last several years and have finally created my first account. I enjoy seeing everyone's success and am excited to be able to share mine on here! I'm a college student at the University of Iowa but make my way home on the weekends to spend some time in the woods.

I found my first shed of 2019 on a field edge on February 3 (old 2pt). The next weekend i laid off the fields and did a lot of glassing to see how many deer were still holding. I seen a few pretty good bucks that weekend including a mid 140 class 10. He had been eating silage right off the road on one of the pieces of ground i hunt along with 40-50 more deer. I came back this past weekend and scooped up 4 fresh antlers including the 10 point who has a super cool dagger on his left side. All this snow and cold temps will have the antlers covered for the next couple weeks, but i'm excited to get out and match him up!
    fullsizeoutput_280.jpeg fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg IMG_0886.JPG

Sligh1, meyeri, Kaleb and 6 others like this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. bob-bowhunter

bob-bowhunter Member

The dagger shed is sweet! lot's of mass, Congrats!

Bowhunting_Finatic likes this.
  4. LYON

LYON PMA Member

Welcome to the world of posting! Thanks for sharing with us as well and good luck this year!

5. StickersNKickers

StickersNKickers Camo Up!

Nice finds. If that dagger buck needs a name, Letter Opener is what hit my mind.

6. Bowhunting_Finatic

571B0006-3952-4501-B1CF-4A62ACE06295.jpeg Found a small one Friday and a couple today helping a buddy walk a cornfield. Lucky finds need this snow to disappear!

203ntyp likes this.
  7. Bowhunting_Finatic

8B656F37-FFBB-46EF-A3A8-08725C2066FB.jpeg 94E272AD-CCF9-4A51-8183-11863D25C717.jpeg 17794940-1781-4D1D-B4DA-D4B866DA3B88.jpeg 3 more today. Still lots of snow but got lucky! Spotted just the tip of the brow tine and g2 on the 5pt side. I was very surprised when they were not a match set, I’ve only found antlers this close together that were not a match 1 other time. Then to add on to my luck I found a small antler in a creek. Why I decided to look in the creek is beyond me but It’s a first for me!

meyeri, bob-bowhunter and 203ntyp like this.
  8. Bowhunting_Finatic

Few more this weekend on public land near Iowa city. 4pt side has a pretty legit 24” beam! EACAE10E-EBFC-436B-98DA-E11E9CC611E6.jpeg

203ntyp likes this.
  9. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Great finds & pics!!! Yes- daggers gonna be a smoker !!!

10. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

I've found the same with two non matching antlers close by. I would assume it happens when bucks play spar and it knocks em loose. Nice finds!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk