Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowman Family Season Update

bowman

Super Moderator
2018 has been a crazy busy year. My daughter got engaged so planning has already begun for a 2019 wedding.

After a year of planning, workouts, meal prep, etc, my 17 year old son, Trent, was able to connect on day 7 of his first Colorado Muzzy Elk hunt. The shot was only 20 yards and it was all captured on video. His reaction was priceless. It was a great hunt and with the help of 2 great friends we were able to get the bull hauled out the 7 miles to the trail head in one trip.

zcamera-20180920_194554-800x450.jpg

20180913_070450~2-800x570.jpg

Resized95IMG95201809139516163195035-800x800.jpg

Upon returning home I took a few days to recover and then set out to help my 12 year old son, Hayden, get his first buck during youth season. After several sits with no bucks presenting shots, he finally closed the deal at 4 yards. To say he was excited would be a huge understatement.

20180926_120607-600x1066.jpg

20180926_120558-800x450.jpg

All three kids have bow tags and they are keeping me occupied. They want to hunt with me and I will take advantage of that. All to soon they will grow up and won't have time for me so I will cherish every minute.

Eventually I plan to climb in a tree to hunt for myself but I've yet to find a target buck so my excitement level is a bit low.

Hopefully more updates to come!

First of all, I hate both of your eldest offspring because they have both taken bigger elk than I have! ;) Congrats on a great season and its so fun to watch your kids' adventures. I need to send you some pics of our father-son fly fishing trip, which you and Trent should join in on!

Congrats on a great season so far and good luck on the upcoming hunts!

Congrats to the family. I thoroughly enjoy getting to hunt with the kids and my wife. I also cherish all of the time I spent in the woods with my dad.

Wayne, your efforts to get your kids involved in hunting are providing you priceless memories, congrats buddy.

That’s already an eventful year and long ways to go!!! Congrats on all accounts!!! Sending a daughter off- oh man, mine may go on a date when she’s 35 & I’ll will be along the whole night. Good luck on the rest of the season!

Top Bottom