Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bows....

Big Timber

I shot the bowtech mighty mite the other day and fell in love with it. I'm a Hoyt guy, so before I get a divorce with hoyt, I would like to know if anybody would recommend shooting another bow before I trade in my HavocTec. I have shot matthews, (excluding the outback), Hoyts (except for the Xtec) and what about this AR company (Archery Research). Does anybody know the story behing AR?

I would like to your opinions.

BT

AR bows have some link to PSE, i believe they own AR. i have shot one, and it wasn't bad. i would suggest shooting as many bows as you can get your hands on. not sure what you are looking for, but i would shoot some more bowtech's, the liberty is pretty nice, and definately shoot an outback atleast once

BT

the mitey mite is a totally sweet bow. i would have no hesitation in going with one of those if the opportunity came along. as much as i hate to admit it i say shoot an outhouse at least once as well, no reason not too really. give the XTEC a quick shot as well, that bow is REALLY hot right now. i shot all the AR's when they came out and from what i can tell they havn't changed them much over the past year or so. good bows as well. they are a bow that grabs your attention with how they look first and how they perform second. i know that they still take third or fourth seat compared to other bows i've shot. honestly, go try some of the new Parker bows. i was super surprised with how they shot and performed. since i don't have to worry about a new bow for at least a few more years (or until another shop blows my bow up) i'm sticking with my RazorTEC. go with first instincts, they're usually best. you wont' be disappointed with that bowtech.
waytogo.gif

OUTHOUSE?
crazy.gif
HAHAHA I have a coworker that owns one. I will have to pull that one on him. Good one!
grin.gif

ALL jokes aside. My book tells me the bow that fits and shoots the best for any one person is the one they need to own. Weather it be a $700 bow or a $200 bow. If its easy to shoot and fits you. Like Muddy said go with your first instincts. Get out and shoot as many as you can.
I fell in love with an old Jennings Buckmaster when they first came onto the market. I still shoot the same bow after 6 or seven years and a dozen year. It fits, it shoots great, its quiet, light, and I like it, so I dont fix something that isnt broken.

Pat

I own a Mighty Might, Real small and has a hell of a smack. I was burnin them into a deer target and the glue that holds the inserts in was heating up and I tryed several glues and still seem to loose inserts. This happened on several different targets. It has a Thawappp to it, it really slings arrows for a shorty. It has a different feel to it as its gotta be fit for the person. I don't plan on given mine up.

Thanks for the info guys.
I went out and shot 6 different bows today except for the xtec. I was pleased with the outback the most but still impressed with the mighty mite. I found a decent deal on a swap site for almost half the price of a new one. I bought my havoctec the same way, even though it is a little sketchy buying a new bow for almost half the price.

Boatman,
I used to shoot the buckmaster as well. It was (still is) a nice bow. After two sets of strings and buss cables I decided to part with it on Ebay to pay for the hoyt.

I will agree with you guys, it comes down to finding one that "fits".

I'm impressed with bowtech.

BT

The 2004 Shootout test rated the Bowtec the #1 bow this year. I think they tested the Liberty though. I've never shot any of their bows but I'd like to sometime. Come to think of it, I've never shot a Hoyt either. I'm always braggin about Mathews and I don't have anything to compare them to. Guess I ought to shoot some more bows before I give an opinion.
crazy.gif

Top Bottom