Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech Destroyer Cam Problems/buyers beware

Not an issue at all - just another "Archery Talk Bow Bashing Thread" caused by a bow set-up by an unqualifed or uninformed shop and blaming the bow company for issues caused by the set-up at the shop. All bows need a little TLC out of the box before they are perfect. The tunable yokes are there for a reason and yes, the tolerances are tight - this is a very well made bow and the tolerances are in the thousandths.

Better than a Strother. :moon:
Lol...Time will tell on these Destroyers. I see the original poster of that thread, whom lives in New York, has just forked out over 9 bills for a bow, and he is concerned, as there is a bow in the shop with scrapes on the limb. I see another guy,Tozer from Oregon, whom owns one, and he has scrapes in his too. Then JVNC, that is a recurve shooter from North Carolina, and he simply went into shoot a Destroyer at a dealer in NC and he takes pics of the same scrape marks. Coincidence?? I haven't seen where any of these guys say that dealers put the scrape in the limb.:( It appears from what Bowtech is saying,that the scratches can occur when the bow is put in a press and the cams are rotated.

Last edited:
I spoke with the head designer of the new Destroyer bow at the ATA show last week. I asked about the scrape marks inside the limbs being reported on some bows and he told me that they were probably caused when changing the draw length. The bow is designed to have really tight tolerances in that area but when relaxed in a press to rotate the draw module they may touch when over-rotated. If they were truly touching on the shot, they would gladly fix it for you but that it has not been a problem. I've been shooting a Destroyer 350 since last November and really like it. Pulls like a bow that is 20 fps slower (without the huge hump in the draw cycle) I have a 340 on order for myself so I can have one of each. Almost everyone who has shot one has bought one so be prepared before you check one out. I have several in stock for anyone interested in looking at one. I will also be donating a brand new bowtech of choice to the Iowa Bowhunters Association to use for a raffle at the Spring Banquet and Deer Classic, so you might even be able to win one! As far as testing the 340 vs 350, haven't done any extensive testing but most people are having a hard time telling the difference and making their decision based on the specs, giving the 340 the edge with the full 7" brace height.

I read the thread and a Bowtech technician explains thoroughly why some limbs are marked. His explanation is similar to what the designer explained to gunrunr. What made me feel easy was the fact that a few guys highlighted the marked limb with chalk, crayon, powder, etc. and shot the bow. After many shots the "marked" mark was unmarked indicating no contact between the cam and limb when drawn or shot. I want one!

Top Bottom