Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech

[ QUOTE ]
I'll probably have to make a trip to Buck Hollow soon and try to make a decision.
Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you should. I went to Buck Hollow yesterday and I'm officially on the waiting list for a new Guardian
waytogo.gif
. I shot the Commander too and they were both great bows. Both very quiet and as vibration free as they get in my opinion. It was great to meet Boyd - great guy. I had pretty well made my mind up on the Guardian before I even got there but wanted to check out Buck Hollow. Everyone on here is right. He's got a great shop down in Pella. It's a two hour drive for me, but well worth it. My first impression was, this is a guy who's gonna take care of you.

I vote that Boyd starts a satellite shop here in Cedar Rapids!!!!! I am about fed up with the quality of service here in town...
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I vote that Boyd starts a satellite shop here in Cedar Rapids!!!!! I am about fed up with the quality of service here in town...
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Cornfed! A certain "guy" at a certain "store" here in town makes my blood boil!!
rambo.gif
rambo.gif

"One peace of advice, if you aren't in the market to trade don't shoot one. "

Found this out the hard way today!
grin.gif

I went down to Buck Hollow yesterday and picked up my new Guardian. 70# (maxed at 73# on the shop scale) with a 30" draw mod. With string surpressors, a string loop, and a G5 peep it launched a 400gr arrow at 300fps on the nose. Also picked up a Simms X-press stabby and an Alpine quiver, still waiting on the new TT full capture rest. I think I'm really going to like this new bow.
I also shot the 60# Guardian. I was tempted to buy it just becuase it was so nice to shoot, it felt like a kids bow and had even less vibration than the 70#'er. In the end I couldnt resist the smoking speed of the 70 though.

I'd like to throw out another vote for Boyds' shop too, its a great setup. Its also worth noting that his prices beat Cabelas on the accessories!
waytogo.gif

Did you compare the speed of the 60# with the same set-up. I'd like to know how much speed you actually loose dropping ten pounds.

picked up my guardian tonite at buckhollow , boyd set up me up good. put my spot hogg sight on it ,have to wait for the wrap, on back order. put g-5 peep , whammy rest, crazy stabilizer, 2 piece quiver. this baby shoot`s
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did you compare the speed of the 60# with the same set-up. I'd like to know how much speed you actually loose dropping ten pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shot the 60#'er with the same arrow and it was running 270-275fps. It was actually set at 61# I believe, so there was a 12lb difference between the 2 bows.

crashguardian1.jpg

Crash wanted me to post a picture of his new bow - Thanks so much, enjoyed meeting you and looking forward to working with you again.

The Guardian is surely slated to become the #1 bow of the year if nationwide sales are anything like they are at Buck Hollow!
Anyone still waiting to shoot the new Guardian or Commander - we finally have them in stock for immediate sale (NO WAITING - while they last)

not done yet , but the whammy is sweet. if it can be broke or bent , Im the guy to do it . that`s why i got the whammy (tuff)
grin.gif

Top Bottom