Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

branch holders?

skyleralan

PMA Member
Has anyone made any of these, I have found some on Ebay and Sportsmans Guide, but have to think there is some cheaper or DIY kits you could assemble that would do the job.

I have some shorter ladderstands that need something in the front I think to better conceal me if they are coming from certain directions.

A friend of mine went to a couple good will stores and asked friends and ended up with 3 old artificial Christmas trees. He says these work great, thy have the wire skeleton that you can bend and manipulate any way you want.

Take 1/2 to 3/4" black PVC pipe cut in 2-3" sections. Drill 2 holes on one side of the pipe and either zip tie or wire (preferred) the sections around the frame of the floor on the stand. Insert branches and adjust for shooting needs.

Works like a charm. Use them on 2 stands I have. I like to trim some branches off a pin oak, and they will last all season.

A friend of mine went to a couple good will stores and asked friends and ended up with 3 old artificial Christmas trees. He says these work great, thy have the wire skeleton that you can bend and manipulate any way you want.

That is actually a pretty good idea.

I Like StickFingerz idea, I did something similar to that last year but used 2 1x2 pieces cut at 18 in. Spray painted black, 2 3 inch bolt and 2 wingnuts, Drilled about 8 holes in the one piece of 1x2, then line 1x2s on top of each other and drill a whole on each end for the bolt. I'll make a quick guide then post it.

I do the PVC pipes as well. I use deck screws and fasten them above me, around me where they don't goof up lanes, etc. I screw them to the tree & stuff in cedar branches. works great & Super cheap & sturdy.

PVC idea is good as well, I need to put up something because a couple of them leave me in plain sight if they come from certain directions.

This is some great stiff here! I too, I am very interested in doing something like this. Could you guys please post some pics of what you have done? I think this would benefit any bowhunter. Thanks in advance.

I got a stand where i need to do this, and the pvc pipe idea sounds like a good idea. Someone already said this but is their anyway somone can post pics on how their setup is with the pipe and how it looks in the stand? Thanks.

I got a stand where i need to do this, and the pvc pipe idea sounds like a good idea. Someone already said this but is their anyway somone can post pics on how their setup is with the pipe and how it looks in the stand? Thanks.

That would be awesome!

Top Bottom