Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadhead choice

bjkpharmd

Given the fact that I have a couple new Rocket Hammerhead expandables or a couple new Muzzy 4 blade broadheads- which would you choose? I may try to tote the bow along this spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rocket Hammerhead. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Between those two. The hammerhead.</div></div> Whats your fav Limb? I see your birds don't run often.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Whats your fav Limb? I see your birds don't run often.
</div></div>

100 Jak Hammers

I shot my first bow turkey with a Muzzy and he flew away. I did recover the bird.

Since then, all with Rocket Hammerheads.

Pick your shots wisely... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Anybody have any type of feedback on the NAP Gobbler Getters? I currently have these and planned on using them this year.

NAP Gobbler getters SMACK em I shot those for 2 years! Loved em, But wanted to get a head i could use for deer.

Alot of good quality heads out there. I have had great luck with hammerheads but the past few years have shot turkey tomahawks by rocket. 125 gr 2 3/4" cut. Devastating but Shot placement is everything. If you can 100% guarantee you can hit a spot with a muzzy, it will work, but if off a couple inches, the devastation of a mechanical , hammerhead, tom, or gobbler getter is worth ever penny. Hit em high they die..low they go! Let us know how you do!

Has anyone tried a Rage broadhead on a gobbler yet? Im thinking it may cut them in half! Im ganna use those as well as the new Magnus Bullhead with a 3.5 in. cutting Diameter! nothing cooler than getting a gobblers head flipping through the air on video!!!

Antlerfreak,

How have the Bullheads been flying for you?

The other day at the bow shop a guy was shooting them, but weren't flying worth a crap. I will say that those are one tough head though, they can really take a beating and anything they hit will be destroyed!

A great improvement on the Guillotines, IMO.

I think the 160 Snuffer is the best darn head you could use on turks. Makes an increadible hole and because of it's size... it has a good chance of staying in the bird. I know most of you shooting compounds are concerned with the accuracy of a large fixed blade. I found if you mount them straight and take some time to tinker with heavier spined shafts, you can get them to fly great. I had them shooting golf balls out of my Darton Lightning years back.
snuffer_160.JPG

Top Bottom