Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Ice Scents

BOWDUDE

I was wandering if anyone has tried Buck Ice Scents out of Albia, Ia? It sounds like a very good product, and I figure its putting money back into the state. If anyone has any comments I would love to hear them.

Scout,
This is real pee, I talked to the owner the other day on the phone. This product is collected daily, it is then frozen immediately. He claims if not immediately frozen bacteria will grow and destroy the pheromones that deer produce while in heat.
He said they will give the deer a drug to make them go into heat early and then collect the pee. This product will not be for sale until mid-oct. right before the rut. He claims it is the freshest scent on the market. It is sold frozen.

Hey bowdude, could you give me info on how to reach him? I only live few miles from him and haven't heard anything about it, and im interested in buying some of it. I was going to send off for some Mrs. Doe pee which is collected fresh also.

thanks
Doug

Chipguy,Captain,
He will have it offered at various bow shops and dealers around Iowa. To find out where near you or get hold of him try 1-(800)665-BUCK.
I think I will give it a try late Oct. and during the month of November. If you get your paws on some let me know how it works and I will do the same.
Thanks,
Tim

Im almost certain I saw it advertised in a national hunting rag. Got any idea how large or small of an operation it is? Hopefully they are small. I've seen shocking posts on other forums from people conrtacted to supply big pee suppliers.
I've also read that a doe will "recycle" into estrus if kept the light is regulated to a few hours a day.

Scout,
The guy I talked to said this is just a
side business. He also said I could stop down and check out his deer and operation.

Top Bottom