Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Names

Fun thread...here's a quick run through memory lane:

Harvested, I know I've missed a few...
Sumac 10
Captain Hook
Crown
Crabclaw 6
Christmas Buck
Big 8
Thirteen
Red Shorts Buck
Trailer Bucks (1-2-3)

Notables that have slipped past us:
Stickers (ughh)
G2 (next year...)
TNT

Last edited:
A lot of water has gone under the bridge since this post was made. Some threads will never die and this is a great way to keep them going. When its slow here I'll go back and view old threads lots of great history on here.
I always wonder where all these old members went, did they get bored, quit hunting, pass away?
Back to the thread I have only named one buck so far. Usually they all get the same name if they qualify .......Big Suckers:)

Named bucks that are known dead...
Hater - neighbor got him fair and square in Dec. '15. He was 6, possibly 7 years old. Lived on our place nearly ALL of the time...but went for a walk and paid the price. :)
Baldback - my son Mark got him when he was at least 8, possibly 9, in Jan. 2016. Last three hours of the LM season.
Goofball - I got his one in Oct. 2016 when he was 5 years old.
Splits - my son Mark shot this one about 4 years ago now, I think he was 4 years old. Early Oct. cold front action.
Crazy 8 - my son John shot this one the same night Mark shot Splits above, another nice 4 year old.
Dumb Splits - not the brightest buck we ever hunted, :), hence the name. I shot him in Nov. 2014, at 4 years old. Should have waited one more year!
TNT - I shot him about 5 or 6 years ago, a 4 year old.
Mustard - a nice 5 year old, shot by a neighbor in Nov. 15. We hadn't seen him on cam for 5-6 weeks though when he got shot.

Named bucks that disappeared over the years...
8.9 - Really nice 8 point frame with one little kicker point. Last saw him about three years ago when he would have been 4 I believe.
Cubby - nice 4 year 10 point that we found dead at the end of the season.
Cain - big bodied, modest antlered buck that I almost shot on 11/11 this year, except he had a broken G2, so I let him go. Found him dead a couple of weeks ago. ??
Edwin - we tried to get this booger for 4 or 5 years and then he was never to be seen again. At least 6 or 7 years old, super smart deer.

I know I am forgetting several, we probably have 15-20 "named" bucks going at any given time.

Top Bottom