Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buck Shot tonight Opinions Needed

I didnt ask to be criticized about my decision to let him lay. I called a good friend of mine, that has literally has killed 100s of deer with a bow. He thought I made the right choice. I've pushed bucks before, and I've lost deer because I pushed them, that other wise woulda been laying their dead in the first bed.

Sorry it came off as criticism. I took the information you gave me and gave you my opinion. I don’t understand the point of backing out with the information you provided but that’s the new age bow hunter. You seen where the arrow was placed, you seen the deer get “wobbly” and fall over, you seen the deer laying on the ground kicking for 25 seconds, and this is the real head-scratcher for me............blood looked good? If all this is true you should of recovered him last night before risking wasting the meat to predators. It’s ultimately your decision and others are right, when in doubt back out. I just don’t know what constitutes doubt these days? If we don’t see them fall over just leave them for the night? Good luck on recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’ve done this long enough you’ve had these same questions come up. If you’re like me you will second guess yourself every time. In the end I would rather MAYBE lose some meat and find something than push the deer out of the area. From what you described I figured you were probably safe to go look, but if you felt it was more risky, then good call waiting. Post pics when you find him.

Two hours is no where near long enough for a single lung shot deer. I learned that lesson after jumping one I waited 5 hours to track. Things will be much easier to sort out in the morning light.

• Deleted by Rjack
  • Reason: Had not read other thread
Show…
Top Bottom