Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

busted buck but my buck

loneranger

Well guys and gals here is a pic of the oldest buck I got within range during the entire month of November. Definitely a 3 yr old. Big ole neck and chest. Chest sort of out of the picture. Buck made it 200 yrds even though both lungs hit. They were hit a bit back though. Exciting tracking just at dusk. Most on here I know would Never shoot a 3 yr old. Especially a busted up 3 yr old. No rack to pose but he was a fighter! My starting age is 3 yrs. not much meat on those yearlings and 2 yr olds and meat is the number one goal. Then why not take does you ask? I do. Took a mature doe also. Sixty five hours and thats my buck. My area has been called one of the poorest for deer hunting but I enjoy the challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 181
way to stick with it! Shoot whatever makes you happy, that’s what it’s all about! Congrats on the buck and doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. He was a scrapper. Had a large wound around his left ear the busted side. Would have been a ten point. Hey I know what you are really thinking. “ I wouldn’t be seen posing with that crummy looking buck”. Odd deer though. Look at the strange short snout on that critter?

loneranger, Congrats on a successful harvest! I'm sure it's one you will remember for a very long time. Get's the blood pumping don't it?

Thanks again. Hey I woulda been more pleased holding up a full racked 5 yr old but on my little piece of Iowa you take what you can get and this year he was it.

Congrats LR. I do have one question though. With you living in the SE Sahara, how do you keep the grass growing with no precipitation??

Thanks guys. He was a scrapper. Had a large wound around his left ear the busted side. Would have been a ten point. Hey I know what you are really thinking. “ I wouldn’t be seen posing with that crummy looking buck”. Odd deer though. Look at the strange short snout on that critter?

Why so much negativity? Nice job.

Funny. Drought finally turned around last fall. I even had a decent turnip crop for the deer. My clover responded too. Ponds finally back up and my creek began to run! Hope the moisture continues next Summer. Why negativity? I know most Iowa deer hunters are after older animals and impressive racks. I am evidence that in some areas of Iowa these are hard to come by.

Top Bottom