Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calling all bowfishers!!!

Kansasdeerslayer

PMA Member
Lets get a head count of who here calls themselves bowfishers!!

I be one. After I got the bowfishing bug I all but gave up on rod and reel fishing. It's boring. I like to hunt and thats what bowfishing is. To hell with waiting for a bite, go after them slimy terds. Bowfishing is just one more way to keep the killing season going and keep a bow in my hand.

If the fish aren't bitin', force feed 'em!!!!!

Its the best of both worlds.....

i gots lots of arrowd fish pix,
i will get them up asap!

We used to shoot lots of fish in the spillway below Red Rock Dam back in 69 and 7o before they put up the tall fence. It was awsome.

I've been known to throw a few arrows in the summertime. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I even got the Iowa experience of bow fishing the spillway below brushy creek last summer with THA4.

Good Times!!!!

Got any pics of that Thomas??

here are some of the fish Nacho and i stuck below Brushy last summer....

DSCN0785.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0788.JPG

DSC04700.JPG

I know i have some more pix of stuck fish, but these are some of the ones i had on my computer.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Im in. I only fish with the bow in the spring when the suckers and river redhorse are running.
Maybe this summer I will try to get a gar trip lined up.

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets get a head count of who here calls themselves bowfishers!! </div></div>

Yep!

Been bowfishing for 20+ years and still love it!
I almost feel ashamed because a friend and I shot between 500-1000 fish last summer and we never took a single picture. Never thought anyone would want to see pictures of rough fish! Wont make that mistake again. I think the only rough fish picture I have is of a 40 to 50 pound carp (can't remember). It was taken when I was like 12 at a local bait shop. I'll post some harvest pictures this summer!

Let's see your night rig Kansasdeerslayer. I'll post a picture of the one we use when it's out of storage.

Right now my rig is in a thousand pieces. Half of the fun is always fiddling/tweaking on the boat. I will try to find a few pics of how it used to look and will post some pics of the new and improved rig in a few weeks(hopefully) /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Well this is about all I could find on my computer of my boat. The pic doesn't really show you much. It's a 1652 polarcraft, 55hp evinrude. I had 7 150 watt HPS lights last year. This year it will have a raised deck on the front and I am adding 2 more lights.

09-24-07007.jpg

09-24-07006.jpg

KDS, would love to see your boat in the day light. I have been wanting to convert my rig like that for a while. I am a novice to bowfishing but would love to get hooked on it too.

you wouldnt like it Ryan....
its no fun at all

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Top Bottom