Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calling all bowfishers!!!

The lights are 500 watt halogen fixtures but I use 350 watt bulbs to save some of the generator power. The 6 lights light the water up fairly nice.

The rail for me is really nice. I lean into it with my legs and hang over the edge to shoot. Keeps a guy pretty steady and the odds of falling off when you run into a stump is minimal. I can shoot straight down without a problem and I use a 60" recurve. I am thinking of lowering it 6" or so though as I have smashed the top edge of my garage door numerous times!!

I also run the trolling motor off of the generator using a power convertor. No need to worry about the batteries going dead half way through the night. You do still need the batteries in the boat though...

I'm not the tallest guy on here /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif(no comments out of you Muddy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif) That rail looks too high for me. I would have the same problem with the garage door /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I would love to be able to run my troller off of my genny, but I am using a Honda 2000 watt and have it maxed out with the HPS's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not the tallest guy on here /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif(no comments out of you Muddy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif) That rail looks too high for me. I would have the same problem with the garage door /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Ok then, ill say it....

Hobbit...
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The rail comes up just above my knee and I'm 5'-7". I think it is 24" high.

I started with a Honda 3000 and sold that to buy a 4000 watt/6600 watt surge Generac. I could probably add a few more lights without having any problems. I think the 24 volt convertor takes about 900 watts max.

The boat is a Crestliner 1860 center console. It has a 90HP Mercury on the back. The troller is a MinnKota Riptide 74# 24 volt with a 60" shaft. The most fish I have had in it is about 150 and we were still able to get it planed off and run at 30+ MPH. I will say that it didn't come out of the hole real fast though...

It's also nice to have the GPS while running at night...

DO you find the noise of the generator to be annoying? Do thay have "quiet" kits for them? I'd just think it would be hard to communicate with a generator running a few feet away.

TT

Some guys build sound walls for their gennys. I have the whisper quiet Honda EU 2000i. It is expensive but worth every penny. You forget it is even running in the back of the boat. I think like 55 decibels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rail comes up just above my knee and I'm 5'-7". I think it is 24" high.

I started with a Honda 3000 and sold that to buy a 4000 watt/6600 watt surge Generac. I could probably add a few more lights without having any problems. I think the 24 volt convertor takes about 900 watts max. </div></div>

24 inches high, like I said... waist high on me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Actually I'm 5'7" also, the picture is a little deceiving as to how tall it is.

Shrew, are you a regular on any of the bowfishing forums? If so which ones and whats your handle? I frequent a few of them, same name as I use on this forum.

Not a regular on any of them. I used to be on BowfishUSA quite a bit when that was still around. I tend to lurk at a bunch of sites but rarely post anything.

The generator noise is a little annoying at times. I keep mine in the back of the boat so it is 15' away. The exhaust points out the side so it isn't shooting directly back at you. I have seen guys modify the exhaust by adding a muffler on them to help quiet them some.

Top Bottom