Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera Setups

Ghost

Life Member
I'm a cam junkie as most of you already know. I love messing with camera set-ups and am still trying to get the perfect shot.

I put this cam about 8 feet in the tree with a big ol stick behind the camera to capture the right angle...got some cool pics.

tounge1.JPG

I started placing my homebrews up high the last couple years too. They don't seem to startle the deer so much and they do come up with some interesting pictures. I've even thought about making some wooden wedges to push down behind them to adjust the angle just right. I never have got around to doing that so i'll just keep using sticks for now.

My avitar buck pic i got about 2 years go with the camera up about 7 feet high, next to a trail. He spotted it and stared at it, stood there for 3 pictures total. Didn't bother him a bit.

Randy, there was a really big red squirrel going up the tree next to the camera. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Seriously, this is a P-41 set up and the lens shutter is still enabled. You can hear the shutter open. The first picture in a series usually has the deer looking directly at the camera.

I figured that wasn't such a bad thing. I know some guys have disabled the lens shutter for fear of spooking the deer. Hasn't been an issue for me.

Maybe the shutter in my P41 was not disabled (I didn't build the cam) since I get photos of deer looking right at it. A great example is my June 28 half rack pic in your I'm gonna try! thread.

Seems they look at my Moultrie D40, too. Not sure if it shutters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the shutter in my P41 was not disabled (I didn't build the cam) since I get photos of deer looking right at it. A great example is my June 28 half rack pic in your I'm gonna try! thread.

Seems they look at my Moultrie D40, too. Not sure if it shutters. </div></div>

JNRBRONC,
I disabled all my cameras this year.
Pretty easy to do.
It will be interesting to see the change if any from last
year when I check the cameras this week.

Randy, you can hear the shutter on the moultrie's. Most of the pictures I get with them, have the deer looking at the camera.

I dont think the noise you are getting from your shutter is enough to spook the deer, it simply gets their attention once, then they dont seem to care....

Top Bottom