Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CCi number 11's

pandy175

Anybody have problems with theses not going off on the first pull of the trigger? My Remington doesn't like them. I had to recock twice this year for them to go off, never had a problem with my rem. #11's.

If your talking about a remington muzzeloader I would bet my hunting ground that you are having the same trouble that I had. I sent mine back to remington once to have them work on it and it still took a second cock to get it to fire. They sent me another bolt in the mail that their shop had worked over and it also didn't work right. I finally repaced the # 11 nipple with the 209 conversion kit and have not had a single misfire since. I also want to tell you that the saftey on this gun failed on the shooting range. The gun fired when the saftey was moved to the fire position. That will scare the hell out of you. Please be sure the saftey is working ok on yours and I hope some of this info helps.

Yep, 700ML Have had the gun for 6 years and ran out of rem. #11's and all they had was the CCI's and they don't fire. The gun went off evertime with the REM.s Never had a problem with the safety. Love the gun.

my dad bought a remington and sold it immediately after the first hunting season. The thing rarely fired, the problem wasn't the caps it was the spring in the bolt, maybe that could be it
confused.gif

Sounds as if they are not being seated all the way on. The first strike of the hammer/pin seats them then the second will fire. Get a new nipple or file the diameter of yours a bit smaller.

I think I will just buy rem., thinking of upgrading to 209 anyway. thanks for your help, i thought it was the fact that they weren't going on all the way, even with my thumb pushing them.

I never had a problem with CCI caps not firing on any gun. I know that LIV's dad's gun had a problem with the bolt also like he said, I remember telling him to dump it then.
grin.gif

shot the Rem. ones and it went off ever time. I will stick to them. Thanks for all the help.. Seems to be a problem with the CCI caps??

Top Bottom