Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chariton Iowa

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
My brother just moved there from NE Iowa. Wondering of stuff to do in the area because I will be spending some time down there scouting areas and shed hunting. Anything to pass the down time or must sees or dos. I know there's a few people in that area because I saw a maroon f250 with a Iowa whitetail sticker. Thanks in advance.

Are u familiar with the area at all. Depends on what u enjoy doing on your down time. If it's seeing a movie chariton has a nice little theater at a very good ticket price. For spring and summer there's 3 nice sized lakes just east of town for some fishing. If it's food there's a few decent restaurants in chariton. If you like a good steak I'd travel 20 miles east to bogies steakhouse. Killer prime rib and other steaks.

x2 on eating at bogies in albia. Great prime rib and steaks. If you have eaten at the little restaurant in Gunder in NE Iowa its that kind of place. Good food and good service.

Also there is a really good 3D course just south of chariton. SCBI or the Coon Pond. check that out this summer if thats something you enjoy. they put on a real nice shoot.

X4 on Bogies. I ate there for the first time last deer season. On Wednesday and Thursday nights he has a 1# steak burger on Texas Toast and baked potato for 8 bucks. Ya I ate the whole thing!

Since ur brother is a deputy you guys will become familiar with the area quickly. If I can help you guys out with anything just let me know. Pm me and I can help you guys find some farm ponds to hit up this spring.

27 miles north on hwy.14 to Knoxville starting in April some of the best Sprint Car racing in the country. Also a Museum at the track, go-cart track, Peace Tree brewery, Taso Steakhouse for pizza.

27 miles north on hwy.14 to Knoxville starting in April some of the best Sprint Car racing in the country. Also a Museum at the track, go-cart track, Peace Tree brewery, Taso Steakhouse for pizza.

Taso's closed a month or so ago,…caught a lot of people off guard.

Ate at Bogies tonight. You guys were holding out on the fried potatoes. The steaks were good but those potatoes are awesome. Thanks for the referral.

Top Bottom