Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chipmunk load

loneranger

Sorry. A very helpful person here posted a link to an amo website that sold the 22 loads to spray chipmunks and other close range pests. But I lost it. Could that nice person post that link again? Thanks!

Thanks. And may I ask. What are the loads called? I have a ton of the little digging buggers around. And rat traps ain’t working!

It might not be as fun as 22 birdshot, but if you really want to reduce the population do this. Put about 1-2 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket and a hand full of bird seed. Place a board so they can run up to the edge of the bucket. Remove drowned chipmunks every day. I was shocked how well this worked.

It might not be as fun as 22 birdshot, but if you really want to reduce the population do this. Put about 1-2 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket and a hand full of bird seed. Place a board so they can run up to the edge of the bucket. Remove drowned chipmunks every day. I was shocked how well this worked.

I have built, and successfully deployed similar traps for mice, but I am curious about the chipmunks. Do they just fall in once they reach the rim? For the similar mouse traps I install a rolling wheel of some sort that they have to go out on to get the bait(peanut butter). Once they go for the bait, the thing turns and dumps them in the water below. Presto!

What causes the chippers to take the dive here?

I have never seen it happen but I assume they don't fall, since they can run pretty straight up wood surfaces, and are jumping in on purpose.

Last edited:
Not a desert now but bet it is before the growing season ends. No though. Last Summer a Severe Drought. Just as many Chipmunks!

Top Bottom