Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cleaning muzzleloader

farmboy85

after at how many shots that need to be cleaning. I thought 5 shots? its .50 cal. what kind of cleaning kit I need?

more often than that is what i found while getting the boy sighted in for youth season. i would say run a brush and swab after every shot, you will find out when sighting it how forgiving it is but mine needs a dry scrub after a couple shots or acuracy falls quick and then a full clean at home. thought my scope was bad cause we had a left right drift with no elevation problem, me and the boy shot alot of frustrating rounds thinking i could get 5 shots without a scrub....wrong and the boy showed me just how good he is at 100 yards the next time out, felt bad i put his 9 year old sholder through so many shots the first day but then the next time out he said "this doesnt kick like last time" and is not shy of it at all now.

I have hunted with ML since the first season in Iowa. Had to build from a kit. I use a TC now with speed breach. What a difference! What I can tell you from all of the rifles I have had is that the more you clean, the better the accuracy. The new rifles seem to be more tolerant but why not run a patch through it after each shot. Only takes a minute and then you can be sure of your shot. Good Luck!

I use shockey's gold powder sticks 150g and can get about 10 shots with my tc bone collector Accuracy is great, but after about ten shots the bullet gets harder to load though.

Depends what you are shooting. I shoot traditional sidelock muzzleloaders and with a tight ball and patch combo, using mink oil as a lube, I can shoot 75 or more rounds using real black powder and never clean once. Puts one shot on top of the other all day long if I do my part. At the end of the day, no special cleaners needed, just plain water, hot or cold, a half a dozen or so patches and it's clean. Really simple.:way:

I can get 5 shots off before I need a good clean. Normally that means taking it home and a bucket of hot soapy water. I've yet to find a way to clean muzzy's any better.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom