Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clothing Containers

OneCam

I've been looking for a high quality "tub" to transport and store my hunting clothes. I currently use rubbermaid but I'm looking for something a little higher quality - maybe with a O'ring seal and handle.

Any ideas?

I use a big plastic igloo cooler. I think it's one of those forty quart coolers. It latches shut and has the handles for carrying. I never thought about a seal but i would bet you could put some of that self adhesive neoprene weather stripping on it.

Onecam, Back when all the Y2K panic was going on I saw a truck full of 35 gallon blue plastic barrells with rubber gaskets in the lids with a cam lock metal band to lock the lid shut. I thought they would be great for camo storage and bought several for $8.00 each. We washed them out and let them air out for some time in case there were any foreign odors. As it turns out I wish I had about a dozen more. They are fabulous for transporting gear. We've used them on several trips to Colorado and have never had a leak. In fact when you have extreme altitude changes, they are so air tight that the sides start to cave in and the lids nearly have to be pryed off. If you can find one around that hasn't had a bunch of pickels or something in it try one out. They hold a ton of stuff and are usually pretty cheap.

I bought a HUGE rubbermaid container and put some weather stripping around the top edge. It didn't like to make the sharp turns at the corners without losing some of it's stickiness, so I reinforced with thin strips of duct tape all the way around, not so tight to squish the weather stripping but hold it on. Then I'll usually bring a small branch of white oak or cedar and put in each time a get done hunting. Seems to work pretty well.

Where did you find that Chris??
No luck at Wal-Mart...
Thanks
smile.gif

yes, i would be very interested in where u bought that at, my other one is a cheapy and is not up to par in my book. Thanks Huntingfool4life!!
yay.gif

Just wondering....does it have a gasket seal around the top?

No it doesn't. They seem to have a great fit though. A friend picked mine up for me and he was burning leaves when I picked it up I opened it to look inside. When I wen't to wipe the inside with The Gohst two days later it smelled of fresh burnt leaves. I had it in the house and did not smell a thing. I was going to add a gasket untill I noticed this. I love it. No more stuffing things into bags and emptying them to get to something in the bottom. Well worth the money!

how much was this container ?
yay.gif
i need a new one but dont really have much $$ now i gotta pay the taxidermist to mount my 11 pointer
yay.gif
yay.gif

HF4L-
I paid $29.99 for mine at Wal-Mart last night (don't go to Fort Dodge, I got the last one, lol) Spent 20 minutes convincing my wife I really "needed" it
smirk.gif

Top Bottom