Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Consentration of d4d

loneranger

What is the amount of roundup type weed killer you might use to kill grass in your clover. ? General amount is 6 ounces to a gallon of water. I know there are pricy grass killers for clover but I have round up type. I realize best probably to wait until cooler weather later and just lightly touch the grass areas. I have noticed even when killing a plot using the 6 ounces to a gallon the clover some of it anyway survives. Thanks

Don’t use roundup. Use clethodin with crop oil as a surfactant. Clethodin is a grass selective herbicide, while roundup is non selective. Clover is tough to kill and may not be totally killed by the roundup, but it will definitely not thrive.

pretty sure roundup can be applied at 2/3 oz per 1000 sq ft or 32 ounces per acre(double check label). I have used low rate effectively to kill grass in clover without killing the clover. May temporarily curl the leaves a bit but clover is tough.

I like clethodim also but I use it only when grass is less than about 8" tall. Too expensive for me to use on tall grass in the middle of summer.

The big thing with roundup is to NOT use it below label requirements.

I would prefer mowing this time of year if you have that option.

Well I do whip the weeds/grass and clover. I know this helps. Maybe round up not such a great idea. Small areas, so I would just use a pump sprayer. Ounces per gallon is all I could understand.

Top Bottom