Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Corbens sunday mloader buck

Skip, no we did not get a weight on him. I wanted to get him caped out and cooling asap. I had his cape to the taxidermist by midnight and all the meat packaged in the freezer by noon monday.
Heres Corben to tell his story. We were in one of our favorite blinds in a cornfield looking at 3 acres of clover and brassicas, with a deep ditch that gets us in and out without alerting any deer.
picture.php

picture.php

Hi this is Corben. At 4:30 my dad and me went to the blind I shot my buck last christmas eve. After the first deer, they came from everywhere. At 5:30 my buck came out and ate some clover out of range. We put the earmuffs on but he left. Earmuffs off. 15 minutes later he came back and ate more clover, earmuffs on. Then he left again into the trees, earmuffs off. We thought it was all done but he came back out 20 minutes later, earmuffs on again. He walked straight to the rubbing tree 65 yards away. Ear muffs on.When I looked down the scope my ear muffs hit the gun off the rest. When I got the gun back up I could'nt see him. When i finally saw him i shot. We could see him kick threw the smoke. When we went to go look the corn was covered in blood and he was 40 yards away in the corn. His head was so heavy i could hardly lift it. Thank you everyone for your nice comments.

Nice job Corben, he's a heck of a deer that I'm sure you'll always remember!

AWESOME! What a way to start your hunting career. The rack is massive, but the body on that deer makes its head look small. Got to be one of the biggest bodied deer I've seen

Man what a bruiser!! I want one!! One of the most impressive bucks I've seen on this site in a long time. I'm a big fan of pig-bodied brutes!

The mass measurements alone on that guy would score more than most of the bucks I've seen on the hoof so far this year! Haha

Great buck and congrats!! I'm sure you'll never forget that hunt with your dad.

Wow what character! Way to go to the young man and both of you for the homework.

Last edited:
Top Bottom