Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cornfeds 11/11/02 Buck

A

Admin

Guys here is the pics of my buck that I got on 11/11/02 at 10:52 a.m....... sorry it has taken so long to post them.... my wife finally convinced me that we needed a scanner.... just got it today..... I hope that I scanned this correctly

Cornfed

CornFedBuck.jpg

Thanks guys..... there is still a lot of good hunting left out there. It is hard to set on the sidelines!!! I still have a doe tag to fill..... no room in the freezer though. The buck weighed 230 lbs. field dressed...... was told by the taxidermist that he should score around 140" ??? I have been blessed with a great place to hunt.... passed up a lot of good bucks before taking this one...... passed on a nice 2.5yr old 10pt. that should be a real dandy in a year or two. Good luck the remainder of the year !!!!!!

What a BOSS. Looks like his neck is 100lbs. of the 230.Nice Bow too!!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments......

deerman..... I measured his neck before taking him to the taxidermist....right behind his ears measured 30 inches.... when the taxidermist caped him he commented on all the bruises on his neck.... he had been doing some serious fighting. I wish I had a video tape of him approaching my stand..... he looked awesome!

I shoot a Zipper custom recurve..... curly maple and bubinga wood. I got "bitten" by the traditional bug a few years ago..... it is a disease!!!!
grin.gif

This has been a great fall!!!! I hope you guys are having as much fun as I have had...... have seen so many good bucks and great deer movement........ I can't wait to read about some of the giants that I know will have been harvested this year.......

Great buck Cornfed! Nice by any standard, not to mention by traditional equipment. I've got a Browning takedown that has been calling my name. Is that a custom quiver? I'm leaning toward a hip quiver. Aluminum arrows and two blade Zwickey or the like. Thing is I need to practice!

Scout,

The quiver is a custom job done by the bowyer...... it is made of curly maple laminated..... looks great but probably not very strong (fortunately I have never wacked it hard on anything!)....... Zwickey make excellent broadheads, I used them for years.... this buck was taken with the new Magnus 4 blade vented head..... he made it less than 60 yards. After the shot he bolted 30 yards and just stopped looking around .... I saw his back legs get weak and he lunged and crash to the ground. He had no idea what was going on....

Scout, by the way that buck you shot is AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom