Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covert Special Ops - Code Black - Wireless Trail Cam Review

I just got one a couple weeks ago. I love it, it is so cool to be away from your hunting area and for pictures to pop up on your phone. I can see owning a couple more sometime soon.

I agree! I want more of these! Lol. The only problem I can see having is not getting a good signal in the area that you want to use it. I have heard that adding a booster antenna can help a lot.

I agree! I want more of these! Lol. The only problem I can see having is not getting a good signal in the area that you want to use it. I have heard that adding a booster antenna can help a lot.

Booster antenna did NOT work for me...

From what I read it was the Booster antenna that Covert sells.

That is what I got too -

I did read if you unscrew the antenna and put a small square of tinfoil over the threaded hole in the camera, and then screw the antenna back on, it works as good, if not better, than the booster antenna.

I did that and mine is sending more pics than it did.

*****Again, note, I'm out of the coverage area.

I climbed the tree and just got it as high as possible. What u think is best?
I am gonna try tin foil too.

id love to get one of these, but I appear to be right on the edge of any service providers. I doubt they would work for me.

Kinda stinks

Did you guys put antenna up a tree or if out in the open on top of a piece of conduit or something?

I stuck mine to a fence post top... Has a magnetic bottom. That worked OK, but the problem I have is that it did NOT boost the signal by a variety of two like they said...

Covert Special Ops . thoughts?

Have not purchased this camera yet but will be due to trespassing problems. How would it work for multiple cameras? Multiple sim cards/accounts? Or could several cameras send info to one or several phone/email/computers such as a few guys owning cameras and sending the pictures to one or several accounts. From what I'm gathering you would need a sim card for each camera but your camera set up would send to the phones or emails you program into the camera. I guess if you had 2 phones you would each purchase the desired size accounts? One of us lives close to the farms, I'm 1 1/2 hr away. If both of us receive the info whomever is closer or receives first can notify the other and take action. Thoughts??? Thanks.

Stick,
each camera gets its own sim card and phone number.
Each camera and or phone number attached to the sime card can send pics to like 5 or 6 phone numbers..ie send you a text and at same time send to many email addresses. I pay for 1000 pics a month and its like 10 bucks a camera. They are worth every penny if you can get a signal. My wife loves seeing the pics on her Iphone.

In that part of Iowa if you get the camera and program it where you have good cell service and then take it to the farm you better be able to log into the network and get like an 8 digit number linked to the AT@T switch. You will know right away if it works.

Last edited:
Thanks, I hear the cameras will no longer be supported in 2016 and on due to conversion of wireless system to 4G. The cameras will still work but they will not be able to transmit due to the new wireless system. Thanks for the info.

I loved my 2013 Covert Special Ops until it was stolen last year in October. I am looking forward to getting their new 3G model for 2014. Last I heard is that it should be out by May of 2014.

My New 2014 3G Model will be here tomorrow! I will give updates as I start to use it. The difference I see as of now is that you now need a Data plan to send photos via email. I will just set it up to send photos via text so I can keep the same plan I have through AT&T at 19.99 a month for unlimited photos. Anyone else have the new 2014 model yet?

I have a new one out in the woods already. It is working perfectly in an area that would not work at all for me last year due to low signal so they definitely work better in that area. Using the same sim card I used last year so I didnt have to sign up for a new plan. New battery box is nicer and overall a better unit.

Top Bottom