Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crazy Week in the Midwest

Crimson Arrows

After filling a tag on Monday I was ready to hit Nebraska mid week.

IOWA
April 15th, 2013

Headed west to Nebraska on our annual spring trip and were greeted with sleet/ice and snow :thrwrck:

Arriving at about 3 PM on Thursday we decided to hit a roost and didn't see or hear much with the 30 mph winds and snow. With every shred of clothing I had left I looked like a camo marshmallow.

I looked up at 7 PM and had these two big toms headed towards the DSD Jake. The hoyt barked and had my first double in awhile :)

NEBRASKA
April 18th, 2013

Heading back home I arrived in Iowa and Saturday night my son was up with a cold. Getting back down at 340 AM I couldn't sleep so I decided to hit another area I had never hunted. Running late I was charging up the hill with blind deeks and stool when one hammered in the timber.

I belly crawled and put the decoys out and put up the double bull. The stiff wind helped mask my noise and after waiting 5 minutes I gave a few tree yelps. He answered and I waited ten minutes. Calling again I noticed he cut me off and was on the ground.

I called once more and he had cut the distance. I picked up my bow and got ready. Still, the speed in which he ran in surprised me and then the onslaught began on the DSD jake.

I waited for the right angle and let the string slip for the last time this spring. I know there will be lean years but its nice to have a few of these to look back on:0

IOWA
April 21, 2013

Good luck out there!

You are nothing but consistent.... Way to go on another stellar year, my friend!
:way:

Looks like you're ready to host the neighborhood feed :D

Congrats on an unbelievable week :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom