Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crops in the Centerville Area

What are the crops looking like in the Centerville area? Was up there the first weekend in Aug, I know it was dry then, just wondering how things are progressing. Planning to be up a tree up that way, on Nov 4th.

Also are there any reported EHD cases in the area.

Very dry in southern iowa! Beans are really short around ottumwa most creeks are dryed up! Weeds over ur head in creek beds! Good news is no EHD on my farms not heard of any in iowa.

Very dry in southern iowa! Beans are really short around ottumwa most creeks are dryed up! Weeds over ur head in creek beds! Good news is no EHD on my farms not heard of any in iowa.

Looks like a little rain is finally starting to trickle into the area, I just wish it would've been a bit earlier.

Looks like a little rain is finally starting to trickle into the area, I just wish it would've been a bit earlier.

FWIW, there have been several rains lately in the general Ottumwa area, which have greened things up fairly well. However, we are still WAY short on soil moisture and the rains came way too late for many corn and bean fields in the area...not to mention brassica plots planted in late July or August. Many of those plots did not fare well at all. But later planted cereal grains and clover plots are in decent shape now with the recent precipitation. Right now my clover plots look good and are drawing the majority of the deer at this time.

Our clover came in nicely and the turnips are starting to fill out with the recent rains. Beans turned out fair considering the lack of moisture but definitely not great. I haven't looked at the corn since Labor Day but then the ears I examined were on the small side. Lots of deer around and EHD hasn't been an issue for a couple years now in my area.

Top Bottom