Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cruising activity

zattack10

I know I should be okay as Ive seen mature deer on their feet on thanksgiving...but With this rain coming in and me having plans from wednesday until saturday whats everyones experience with later november cruising bucks? And when do they give up the chase for good? Ive seen scenes on the outdoor channel of them still going the first of december but it may be just an extreme outlier.

One of our cams showed 16 different bucks crossing a covert from 11-10 to 11-15. Still moving good. Later November seems to slow down but I tell yah what, I have seen some giants this time of year!! usually tough to kill though as they don't seem to respond to calls much but it could just be they heard it all on public by then and know better. Good luck!!

I know I am considered some kind of crazy on here,,but I would have to say,,Lack of Cruising this season. I have seen nothing in the way of bucks traveling. Usually wife and I see a few bucks or does running across the back roads,,especially at night driving,,but this year nothing. Have seen more doe than any season,,actually 10 different,,some alone. Not one buck behind any. Where did the bucks go? Dunno. With lock down and rut winding down,,guess better shoot a doe,,which I have been against.

I have seen decent cruising activity but one thing is it has been spotty. Really spotty. November 1st I had 4 3 and 4 yr olds cruise under me. Nothing i wanted to shoot. Then Id only see one or so for awhile. Nov 10th was another good day when I seen 5. It all correlates to if you have a hot doe around. And if you dont I dont believe youd see much. May be some of your problem.

Question is, why all these does I see are not "HOT"? Have been watching them for two wks. Did they get bred at night? Single does,,no fawns with them. Doe family groups. Are the does in the group bred and are now back together? No,,it is just my area. Have already been told by some that once hunted here that hunting is poor in my area. I know that. Have only 40 acres, with lots a neighbors and who knows what they are doing to the deer around me? Usually by now last few yrs though, I have seen at least one 3 yr old buck cruise by. Have seen usually a few yearlings chasing something across a field. This year nothing. Reading the observations on here about passing up 4 yr olds,,seeing 5 bucks a day,,Man,,am I in the same state? This sight is definitely otta my league! I realize areas are all different. Property size,,food plots,,kinds a neighbors...In my opinion still human disturbances of all kinds make or break the deer hunting.

I would say this rut is trickling along. I have seen 2 does get bred and between those two sightings I have seen fawns with momma still. As for later November movement I like to stay between the bedding areas. By then the young deer have "shot their wad" and are tired out. The mature bucks are the ones going the distance and picking up the later does to come into heat. I have had some monsters on camera the last few years the week of Thanksgiving and first week of December. After this weather gets through I foresee Friday-Sunday being great deer killing days.

Top Bottom