Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cuddelink

T__00161.JPG
T__00146.JPG

Here are some day images from the same location.

I haven't updated in a while but here goes.....I have had this system up and running for nearly 5 months now and have had 0 issues with the exception of a coon chewing off an antenna lol. I have changed batteries 1 time in that period and that was because they were drained by tying to send the images to the home camera while it didn't have the antenna for a week or so. Battery life has been exceptional, distance for transmission has been what I expected, picture quality has been as expected. Overall I will be adding to this fleet and looking forward to the Cell cap that will be coming after the first of the year....

These cams don't all directly send to the home cam correct? They work in a chain? Saw a review where someone was complaining it was to hilly to reach the home cam with each cam. I was under the understanding that you set the home cam, then it created a chain, not that all cams directly transfer to the one home cam. Is this the case or do I misunderstand? Was planning to make the switch in the spring due to lack of time to really check them independently anymore

These cams don't all directly send to the home cam correct? They work in a chain? Saw a review where someone was complaining it was to hilly to reach the home cam with each cam. I was under the understanding that you set the home cam, then it created a chain, not that all cams directly transfer to the one home cam. Is this the case or do I misunderstand? Was planning to make the switch in the spring due to lack of time to really check them independently anymore

They will all send directly to the home camera if they are close enough to have a good signal, otherwise they will daisy chain them so to speak creating the "mesh" network......

If only this was on any other cam then the cuddecrap!

This is a phenomenal idea but I wouldn’t give them a dime of my money for the junk cams they sell

I love this idea. Anyone know if you can add a different antenna to get better range? Or maybe just keep your camera at ground level but run antenna up higher on tree.

This is a phenomenal idea but I wouldn’t give them a dime of my money for the junk cams they sell
These are a vast improvement! I've changed batteries once since July, 0 issues other than the coon chewing off the antenna! I guess it's your loss....

I love this idea. Anyone know if you can add a different antenna to get better range? Or maybe just keep your camera at ground level but run antenna up higher on tree.
You can buy just a repeater and place it up high to help transmit the signal/signals from various cameras to the home unit

Jarin, Could you PM me and let me know why you feel this way. I know you wouldn't of posted this unless there was a problem/past problem that happened.

I haven't updated in a while but here goes.....I have had this system up and running for nearly 5 months now and have had 0 issues with the exception of a coon chewing off an antenna lol. I have changed batteries 1 time in that period and that was because they were drained by tying to send the images to the home camera while it didn't have the antenna for a week or so. Battery life has been exceptional, distance for transmission has been what I expected, picture quality has been as expected. Overall I will be adding to this fleet and looking forward to the Cell cap that will be coming after the first of the year....

Any way you can post a picture that is the thumbnail version compared to the actual picture you pull from the SD card? Would like to see the side by side of the same picture to see the differences.

Thanks for this thread. A lot of helpful information! Appreciate it!

Has anyone purchased the Cell-Cap yet and used it? What plans can be used with it (U.S. Verizon, AT&T)? Cost of plans?

Has anyone purchased the Cell-Cap yet and used it? What plans can be used with it (U.S. Verizon, AT&T)? Cost of plans?

It is through Verizon - plans vary depending on how much data you need - purchase is straight through cuddeback - no need to deal with Verizon directly

For those of you that are running this system, what kind of cameras are you using? Dual flash, IR or Black Flash? I would typically be using mine along the edge of a field. I know the IR typically don't do well for nighttime pictures with no solid background.

I talked to my rep over the weekend about these. I went all in and he assured me they are amazing. The cell cam won't be available until June and that needs to be added to a black flash camera. The Verizon plan for unlimited pictures is $35. He told me to get the 4pks of the IR cams. Much better flash than black flash. You can add a solar panel for under $50 and he said they've had cams running for 2 years on the solar panel. We will see when I get my first bundle. I will be testing them right away.

For those of you that are running this system, what kind of cameras are you using? Dual flash, IR or Black Flash? I would typically be using mine along the edge of a field. I know the IR typically don't do well for nighttime pictures with no solid background.

The IR cam has twice the flash range as Black Flash. The Dual Flash just allows the user to pic either IR or Black. They are all an Infrared picture just one has a black screen so you can't see the red glow.

I talked to my rep over the weekend about these. I went all in and he assured me they are amazing. The cell cam won't be available until June and that needs to be added to a black flash camera. The Verizon plan for unlimited pictures is $35. He told me to get the 4pks of the IR cams. Much better flash than black flash. You can add a solar panel for under $50 and he said they've had cams running for 2 years on the solar panel. We will see when I get my first bundle. I will be testing them right away.
Has Verizon's reception gotten better in this part of the state? I know a few of my areas were complete dead zones when my buddies with a Verizon plan were up there with me

I
Has Verizon's reception gotten better in this part of the state? I know a few of my areas were complete dead zones when my buddies with a Verizon plan were up there with me
Have Verizon, I have 0 cell service at my house. I live in the bottom of a valley. There are plenty of dead spots on the timber but guys I know with us cellular don't do any better

• Deleted by Nozzle
  • Reason: Jfjfjfjt
Show…
Which Cuddeback cameras are you using?
Do you know how many pictures are being taken on one set of batteries?
And what delay are you using on your cameras?
I have 4 G-5079 cameras transmitting pictures to the Cuddelink Home (not cell). The system works really well except I'm experiencing terrible battery life. I have the camera set on the factory settings, which are supposed to be the best. I am using a 5 second delay. My first camera was dead when I checked it at 28 days. Next 2 cameras were dead at 35 days. Home unit dead at 39 days. It appears that each camera takes 400-500 pictures per 4 D batteries. I don't mind changing batteries on the home unit because its not near the cameras. But the cameras should last longer than 4 or 5 weeks on a set of 4 batteries. I contacted Cuddeback and they said to get the external battery pack. That means I have to use 10 D batteries per camera, and according to my calculation, will last about 12-14 weeks.
Is anyone else having this issue? I cannot see it being acceptable going thru this many batteries. I could go up on delay time to lessen the number of pictures taken, but I don't want to miss any deer.

Top Bottom