Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dan Infalt "Beast Sticks"

muddy

I won some of Dan's newly designed climbing sticks and got them in the mail a couple weeks ago. Also got some of the Stealth Outdoors "Stealth Strips" at the Iowa Deer Classic and am in the process of wrapping the 4 sticks and putting them together. 1 is complete and I figured I'd share some info as I put the rest together and get ready to compare them to the Lone Wolf Custom Gear sticks when I get them.

Initial thoughts... the Beast sticks blow the old Lone Wolf sticks out of the water. I've never used any of the other brands but am confident they are all inferior as well... if you're into lightweight mobile run and gun set ups then these sticks are made for you. When the box came I was floored at how light it was, no way there are 4 sticks in there? Wrong.

The one thing I've always not liked about LW sticks is how I'd get kick out on the bottom bracket on weird trees some times. These Beast sticks brackets are sharper than a murder weapon and I dont see how they'll kick out even if you try.

Fantastic product. Here are a few pics and stats. Any questions post away.
9670ad82c803e366d6912264b9d13efb.jpg
2c642182a630c5e686fe1b0d99626272.jpg
73c1d489cd1ce522194f27243238b2bd.jpg
a87cda858c2198cabbe9205cc615a9b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like, especially with the wraps. What's the price point on those?

I really love the direction ultra light rigs are headed in the industry right now and I'll definitely be interested in what you think of the lone wolf custom gear sticks too. For me, it would have to be way, way better than lone wolf sticks for me to change. 2 lbs vs. 2.5 lbs a stick is just hard to justify making a swap unless they nest together better.
I've never been a fan of the nesting functionality of LW sticks so any improvement there would be worth some extra coin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I like, especially with the wraps. What's the price point on those?

I really love the direction ultra light rigs are headed in the industry right now and I'll definitely be interested in what you think of the lone wolf custom gear sticks too. For me, it would have to be way, way better than lone wolf sticks for me to change. 2 lbs vs. 2.5 lbs a stick is just hard to justify making a swap unless they nest together better.
I've never been a fan of the nesting functionality of LW sticks so any improvement there would be worth some extra coin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I believe they're $80 a pop. When you're hiking in to hang and hunt most of the time every pound counts IMO. Buy once cry once.

I Have been looking at those in different forums for a while and they look sweet.

I Have been looking at those in different forums for a while and they look sweet.
The worst thing I can find about them is putting them together, total pain in the ass. It would be worse if they came installed and had to take apart and put together to stealth strip them.

Keep us updated on the beast sticks as you try them.
My LWCG stand and sticks should be coming soon and yes I’m crying once OMG but worth the $ and the Mrs thought the set would be more:cool:
But after 38 years of marriage she’s feeling guilty after spending mega bucks on a kitchen upgrade :eek:
In reality the old LW sticks were awesome and still are but the new light weight sticks from both companies will outshine all others.

Last edited:
Took me a couple days but I got the sticks Stealth Stripped and the Buckle Silencers stuck on as well. I love how well they stack with one another and I really like this Strata pattern on the Stealth Strips. What's going to be really nice is having a single step on the top of the stick for footing.
c29bb221b21aad044d1f87cbd5b3e105.jpg
8502cb729ca18fc17c35483a1ee63f09.jpg
b4411941eb7d8def3218880f2794a748.jpg
258298d2c66bdeb48e3dd2555c531542.jpg

Took me a couple days but I got the sticks Stealth Stripped and the Buckle Silencers stuck on as well. I love how well they stack with one another and I really like this Strata pattern on the Stealth Strips. What's going to be really nice is having a single step on the top of the stick for footing.
c29bb221b21aad044d1f87cbd5b3e105.jpg
8502cb729ca18fc17c35483a1ee63f09.jpg
b4411941eb7d8def3218880f2794a748.jpg
258298d2c66bdeb48e3dd2555c531542.jpg

How much does all four weight?

After looking closer at your pics the cleats look like they will really grab the tree

How much does all four weight?

After looking closer at your pics the cleats look like they will really grab the tree

My initial post has all the stats for the sticks, 2# a piece with buckle straps.

If you assume 22" to the first step, between sticks and to the stand, that will get you 16.5 feet to the platform with 4. I guess that is one disadvantage over the original LW. But having a full step on top is awesome and I do think the "kick out" will be a thing of the past.

If you assume 22" to the first step, between sticks and to the stand, that will get you 16.5 feet to the platform with 4. I guess that is one disadvantage over the original LW. But having a full step on top is awesome and I do think the "kick out" will be a thing of the past.

I'm seeing a lot of guys getting to 18-20" with 4 sticks. A lot of other guys are putting on rope raider to get a 3rd step off the bottom 2 sticks and getting even higher.

I'm seeing a lot of guys getting to 18-20" with 4 sticks. A lot of other guys are putting on rope raider to get a 3rd step off the bottom 2 sticks and getting even higher.

I have a cheater step on my bottom stick but I haven’t used it for years now.
IMO they are dangerous but my suggestion is only use one for the bottom stick only if anyone tries one!
Placing one on the second stick is asking for trouble.
If anyone chooses to try one once you’re foot is in the strap the toes better be dug into the tree or otherwise you’ll be on your back before you know it. Even if you’re toes are in contact with the tree and if you’re foot slips down you go.
I had a few close calls and decided it’s worth getting hurt for a few extra feet

I have a cheater step on my bottom stick but I haven’t used it for years now.
IMO they are dangerous but my suggestion is only use one for the bottom stick only if anyone tries one!
Placing one on the second stick is asking for trouble.
If anyone chooses to try one once you’re foot is in the strap the toes better be dug into the tree or otherwise you’ll be on your back before you know it. Even if you’re toes are in contact with the tree and if you’re foot slips down you go.
I had a few close calls and decided it’s worth getting hurt for a few extra feet

I wont use an aider, I don't think they're safe, just passing along info I've read from a lot of guys trying to build the ultimate minimalist climbing set up.

Curious how everyone transports their sticks to the woods? Attached to the stand, a pack or just carry in? I’ve wrapped my sticks and used those rubber coated wire ties the box stores sell but they still make some noise because the LW sticks don’t stack well and the the black rubber ties get lost in the leaves...

Stack sticks, place on stand and use stand straps to cinch them down. That all goes on the Badlands 2200.

Everyone has a system they prefer. I carry my stand in one hand, bow in the other, sticks are stacked and cinched with a strap and wrapped in my coat. That's all strapped to my Badlands 2200.

With the new Lone Wolf CG stand that will change as I'll use the stand as my pack and likely move onto a smaller backpack that straps to the stand. I'll either use the LWCG sticks as they're designed to pack to the stand of strap the Beast sticks to it somehow.

• Deleted by bigbuckhunter88
Show…
Top Bottom