Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dang Geese

dblmainbeam

A friend and I planted a small corn food plot along a river bottom. When the corn got up inch and a half the geese come in and eat it all. We replanted two times but the same thing kept happening. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the geese out?

Call Limb Chicken about september 1 and see if he can come over and slaughter a few dozen with a shotgun. Other than that, you have to live with that as being close to the river.

Disregard Shredder.....call me not limb chicken
grin.gif

Call the both of us...
grin.gif

We can put a stompin on em...
grin.gif
If you come up with a solution you could be a millionare and I am serious about that those fellas in Canada do everything they can and they still keep a comin...They only thing I could suggest is plant a bigger food plot...

Sounds like we need to have a goose hunt rendezvous this fall
grin.gif

I cant even get rid of the geese in my backyard let alone a food plot.

Good Luck,

BT

Go to your local animal shelter and pick out the biggest dog that barks the most. Make him a house and tie him up in the center of your food plot with a fairly long chain. Keep him there, with food and water, until your corn is knee high or so. If the coyotes don't get him, the dog will probably have a better life than where he was, the geese and the deer will likely leave your young plot alone, and maybe after that you will end up with a noisy new food plot/guard dog pet. If you don't want him after his work is done ... take him back to the animal shelter and tell them he simply barked too much.

This might sound cruel to some folks but another way to look at it would be it was a nice vacation for an animal that was probably on death row anyway.

Not sure if this idea will make me millions Limbchicken but I bet it will work for a small food plot.

heck call me out for a little goose hunting....just got a browning gold im seriously getting cabin feavor n i need to get out n do some waterfowl hunting ALREADY!!!!!......lol n all the duck and goose videos r keeping me somewhat calm but i need to be the one shooting! lol

im done n need some sleep lol

huntn4life88
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

You're SOL, they'll keep coming, nothing works, not scarecrows, not garbage bags on stakes, not even scare cannons, the only thing that works for my dad is himself and a chevy half tonne doing 50 mph, but that is only a temporary fix, they just circle until he leaves and come on back, You may as well have some buddies over for a fall slaughter on geese!

How does your Dad feel about a little help up there Saskguy? I would love to come help him out!
grin.gif
There would be fewer circling...
evil.gif

I've been checking in here periodically and this waterfowl talk is killing me!!! I can't wait!!!!!!

Pupster

Top Bottom