Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daughters early muzz buck

Doubled

Just wanted to share my daughters early muzzle loader buck. We have a lot of history with this buck and were pretty confident she would get a shot at him early season. We sat up a blind before youth season started about 50 yards from where he came out last year and didn't get a shot cause it was to dark. Late season last year i had a chance to shoot him but decided to let him go one more year. Man was i glad i did after he showed up on the first trail cam pics. So we hunted him 2 during youth season and never seen him. Next time we had a good wind to hunt him was Oct 22. We had about 10 does in the field at around 75 yards when all of a sudden they snapped there heads up and looked back in the timber. I looked and could tell it was a buck coming right away. My daughter had the binos and i said is it him? She says i cant tell, so i grabbed the binos and about #### my pants when i seen it was him. He walked out in the hay field calmly as can be at 60 yards looking about the size of a cow. My daughter got the gun out the window cranked the hammer back and very calmly got settled in on him. She asked me if she could shoot. So I said just take your time and put a good shot on him, she says ok. After the shot i new she hit him but wasn't sure where. He ran back up in the timber about 50 yards and stopped. He stood there for pry 5 minutes hunched up a little and then laid down. My first thought was gut shot but when he laid down that fast after he was hit i kinda thought maybe back of lungs and liver. So we got out of there with out any noise went home and called up some friends and family and told them the news. We waited 4 hours and headed back with some help. It was a very short track job as he was laying right where he laid down stiff as a board. The shot had been a little far back but did catch the back of the lungs and liver. I am so proud of her. And I hope she never forgets that night with her dad as she shot the biggest buck to date in any of our family. The buck officially scored 181 4/8'' gross non typical.

Attachments

• IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 360
Beautiful deer. Let your daughter know that there are a lot of 40+ year old guys that are awfully jealous of her experience. . . . . Good job both of you

Top Bottom