Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Biology

Fishbonker

Life Member
I read some where that buck and doe scat/droppings are different. One was more "clumped" and the other was just pellets. Anybody know if this is true and if so which is which.

Also, if a doe is in heat and is bred how long does she still atract bucks? Hours? Days? If she is cute is it forever? How long is she willing to stand after she is bred?

I slept through Deer Biology 101, as well as most of my formal education.

The 'Bonker

I don't know if this is true or not, but I read that a buck's droppings are clumped, and a doe's are scattered. I have seen a difference in scat, as thay said, but I have no concrete evidence.

I have heard the same thing also, and have seen both kinds of droppings. I have always been pretty convinced it was a large deer when I see the clumped droppings, and usually see larger tracks accompanying them. Either that or it's a constipated smaller deer who finally found the right vegatation to loosen things up...

The only time I have ever seen clumped droppings are on or around a bucks bed. Also, I have spooked a buck out of his bedding area and noticed that his droppings were scattered. The reason for the scattered shit was probably because I scared the piss out of him. Or maybe not.

Top Bottom