Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Cam update

bigmac

After a month of scouting and documenting movement with a a trail cam , I am starting to find some patterns. The bucks in my area doubled their movement during the day in the last 72 hours. I have been scouting the draws around the heavy timber and staying out of the real thick areas. On the weekends there are bow hunters in our section . these guys are land owners and serious bow hunters. They have been hunting on there own ground and I make it a point not to pressure the area where we share fences. Other than that I am the only one using the area. I have documented three different bucks over ten points in the last 5 days and the farm is loaded with does. I have not heard of any sick or dead deer in this part of Clarke Co. that are connected to the two diseases that have inflicted our neighboring counties. The deer population in my area is the highest its been in years. How many deer can 300 acres of prime habitat sustain?
Any input would help, Thanks #4.JPG IMAG0034.JPG 10-31#1 Dariss W. fence.JPG IMAG0022 (4).JPG

Well if you consider 50 to 60 deer per sq mile a "high" deer density and a sq mile is 640 acres then 300 acres with 30 deer on is about it without causing over browsing to native regeneration and plants. I know some will say thats way low . but for really healthy deer and habitat thats about it ! My. 2 cents ! Of corse lots of food strickly for the deer ( year round) is a big factor also !!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom