Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer count

D

Dennis M

Hello friends:
Great site and wish I'd found it sooner, was born and raised in Iowa now live in Texas. Coming home this fall to hunt with nephew and friend. I was wondering how many deer to expect to see while sitting in my stand per sit.
Good luck to all and shoot straight.
Dennis

Dennis, when I started bowhunting in southern Iowa many moons ago, if we saw 4-5 deer per season we thought we were doing well. Now if we do not see at least 4-5 deer each sitting, standing, etc... we are whining about the slow activity. I have on rare occasion set and hunted a week of late october in some great territory and seen nothing. But that generally has not been the rule for about the last 10 years for me. You should have a good time if you have the time to spend. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply BW, I was begining to thing I had body odor or bad breath:)
Seeing 4 to 5 deer per stand set would be good. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up to high.

[This message has been edited by Dennis M (edited 09-23-2000).]

That would be alot of deer for me to see per hunt. Maybe it's because alot of my stands don't allow me to see a very far. I have had more deer in bow range than that in one day but that is by far the exception. I'm happy with a deer a day, as long as the right day and right deer fall in place! Good luck! This should be a great season! I've been seeing some big bucks.

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 09-24-2000).]

Top Bottom