Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer hunting proposals for 2018

I'm not sure where to post this concern so I'll put it here. During this late season CWD hunt are the deer being drug out whole? From my understanding CWD can be spread through saliva, urine, feces, and blood. If this is the case all the deer being shot and spreading their blood, along with being gutted and 3 of the four methods of spreading being left in the words. Can that not be more harmful than letting nature take it's course?

Did that skip. The DNR official knew all about the extended season in Allamakee and Clayton but did not want to talk about it. Our group was the only one that made mention to leave the seasons alone up there. One group will not make a difference. I think a lot of hunters have the mentality that if it isn't in their backyard then why worry about it.

Well unfortunately CWD will spread and it will happen in a lot of other counties as well. If those of you in other counties don't want to help as a group fight what is going on in the extended seasons in NE Iowa now, that is okay. But pleaseeeee don't come on here or another forum asking to voice our opinion to help your cause when it happens to you. It will fall on deaf ears, and those on these forums know who you are. Just saying.

Your concern is not falling on my deaf ears. It’s happening to a county were I hunt in the southern part of the state. This issue WILL spread in time to many more parts of the state.... Iowa is no longer the same as things have changed.
I go to these meetings and hear all the different things hunters want, cross guns, centerfire rifles, makes me depressed as heck!

Your concern is not falling on my deaf ears. It’s happening to a county were I hunt in the southern part of the state. This issue WILL spread in time to many more parts of the state.... Iowa is no longer the same as things have changed.
I go to these meetings and hear all the different things hunters want, cross guns, centerfire rifles, makes me depressed as heck!

It definitely is a me, me world out there Ishi. Without all the deer hunters out there on the same page the DNR will do what they want and spin it anyway they want to. We are the small majority of deer hunters that really, really care. It was funny where the one guy wanted the DNR to stock bigger trout.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Sad I wasn't able to make it. No ride to the Boone location, Jeep decided to break down.
McNorrisBieber!! I’m giving u a severe beating!!! You are GROUNDED from hunting for 365 days and until u buy a better vehicle!!! U miss next years and u are done for 5 years!

Glad all u went.
“Frustration with Government”..... ya- I remember that when that started.... back in the 1700’s and never really seemed to get a ton better since.
Ya- gov is a mess. Politicians are disasters. SOME citizens are lazy bums. BUT- those that are NOT..... THANK YOU!!!

Top Bottom