Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Sign NOW vs. HUNTING SEASON

corygnc

I've been walking my property a lot over the last month looking at the deer sign (trails and beds) and marking potential tree stand trees.

The beds are mostly in my cedars. I've only owned the property less than a year. Do you guys find your deer bedding much in the cedars during the hunting season?

My more open timber with no cedars have virtually no beds.

Do you find the trails right now to be pretty consistant with the trails they use during hunting season?

WHAT DO YOU SEE DIFFERENT FROM THE SIGN NOW (BEDS AND TRAILS) VERSES THE SIGN DURING HUNTING SEASON?

Thanks for your help!
Cory

Depends on what's around your property. If food has led them for the winter, then travel sigh will surely be different. There was food sources around me this winter so deer traveled prety much the way I always see it, back and forth, thru the fall. When conditions stay the same deer are very consistent where they travel. Caggy bucks, during the rut, can be anywhere, sometimes sneaky, sometimes right out in the open following does.

Top Bottom