Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer warts

Kinda looks like an old girl friend... My brothers old girl friend.....
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

word from my vet is that it looks like a fungal infection of some sort

For some reason I wasn't thinking "backstraps" when I saw that. I wouldn't have put that in my truck bed. Wow.

[ QUOTE ]
Musta picked it up from one of those Arkansas does.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me spill coffee on the keyboard! You owe me $30
grin.gif

Bambi should know better than to run with those types of doe! See what can happen when you run with loose women or deer....

Cory Gray
Deer Program Coordinator AGFC

What you are seeing is cutaneous fibroma. They are caused from a virus. They are hairless tumors found on the skin of deer. They are usually temporary. Problems rarely occur from them, but an occasional animal will develop massive tumors that may interfere with sight, breathing, eating, or walking.

Transmission is thought to occur from biting insects and possibly through direct contact. There is no danger from deer spreading the warts to farm animals.

Human infections have not been reported. Only large tumors with a secondary bacterial infection would cause the meat to be unfit for consumption.

We see these every year, and are not considered important to deer populations.

[ QUOTE ]
Sooooooooooo, it is just an Arkansas thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably worse there than here, lot more bugs in the south.

im sure glad i got to look at this again......
i almost had it erased from memory, but not anymore.......
is there a puking Graemlin on here.....
we need one......
(Errp)

These picts. from November do look like they are getting better. Hopefully some picts from this guy show up this year with no growths.

1106BigNasty1-med.jpg

1106BigNasty2-med.jpg

Top Bottom