Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dilemma

Fishbonker

Life Member
I have a dilemma. A few weeks ago I purchased a Humminbird fish finder from a small-ish local shop. A couple of weeks later a big box store in the same area put up a notice on Facebook that they were going to have a three hour seminar on how to use Humminbird fish finders. The cost was $25 but at the end of the seminar you got a $25 gift card, 20% discounts on Humminbird accessories, discounts on hard and plastic baits, huge discounts (50%) on a couple of older models, some discounts I wasn't really interested in but the best thing was a free hat.

Here is my dilemma: The discounts are only good until the 20th of March. Do I risk going to area that is ground zero for the corona in Iowa or do I risk missing out on the discounts? The other dilemma is do I risk spending money when the stock markets are tanking and therefore running out of money for when I’m in “the home”?

Screw it. I’m heading to the big box store. If I catch the corona I won’t need to worry about not having enough money to pay someone to wipe my ass when I’m in “the home”.

BTW, my wife got the notice on Facebook and told me about it. I'm still fighting the whole Facebook revolution.

In the same boat kinda. Need no batteries in the boat. Wife said something about unnecessary spending. Well, I'm going to need something to do if everything gets shutdown plus put food on the table.

Told her she's lucky she married a real man who can put food on the table when there's none in the store. All that time spent hunting fishing for fun was just practice for when shite gets real. LOL

Agreed. Worth the risk for someone of my age, not sure about someone of your experience level tho Bonker. I told my wife I've been practicing 25 years for this moment when the family will need to rely on me to catch or kill dinner. Hope the hat is worth it and keeps the sun out of your eyes and off your head all summer long

F that noise.

Soooooo you're saying you'll wipe my ass for free?

Well, look at it this way, I'll be moving my bourbon collection with me to "the home" so you can get a taste of the good stuff when you are done. "Stuff" in this case being bourbon and not 'Bonker.

Remember, I like warm water and soft cloth on my tushy.

Not a fearmonger but I'm guessing that "event" will have more than 50 and probably more than 10 people so it should be cancelled. If we all blow off this two to four week distancing approach it will prolong the agony. Just my opinion.

Not a fearmonger but I'm guessing that "event" will have more than 50 and probably more than 10 people so it should be cancelled. If we all blow off this two to four week distancing approach it will prolong the agony. Just my opinion.

Exactly the design of small groups, prolong it so that hospitals are not overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the design of small groups, prolong it so that hospitals are not overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if it sounded that way or not but I am agreeing with you. If we all blow this off the virus spikes and the Drs get to play God on who gets treated.

Top Bottom