Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Disc versus pto tiller

I will say this. I have transformed more ground and put in more foodplots with a rototiller than all my other equipment combined. (Have also put in many lawns, a basketball court, landscaping jobs, etc). To above... I think the older frontiers were not good. I got a new one this year. It beats the crap out of King Kutter (lots of reason). That's coming from someone who has had THREE king cutters. One was a 48" and two 61". The seals go out of every single one of them pretty quickly. The bar that goes across the back has no mid supports and the connections broke on all 3.

but ya.... having both is good. :)

I always thought this was a pretty good video to illustrate some of differences between no till vs tillage.
*& yes, my no till soil is CONSIDERABLY better!!!!!... color (carbon, organic matter), erosion is night & day better!!!!!!!, moisture during a drought, how much I need to spray, etc. no question that personally my no till soil is in better health. One point I can’t stress enough.... for 1-2 years - will plots or soil look drastically different? Probably not. Do it for 5-6 years and absolutely. Especially those years there’s gushers for rain. I’ve got buddies that used to have top soil that have ZERO on some of their plots now. No doubt a balance can be found but The more no till a guy can do, I’m personally convinced the soil is in better shape by substantial amount in many cases.

$500 for this treasure!!!!! Well- free & then $500 in fabricated parts & new cylinder. I don’t believe it will have a warranty ;). Junker that’s probably 20 years older than me but actually works fine. If don’t need to go deep (fall plots) - could get it to dig in enough to pretend call it “no till”

56acc24db36c0c0b0e421b2452675cee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$500 for this treasure!!!!! Well- free & then $500 in fabricated parts & new cylinder. I don’t believe it will have a warranty ;). Junker that’s probably 20 years older than me but actually works fine. If don’t need to go deep (fall plots) - could get it to dig in enough to pretend call it “no till”

56acc24db36c0c0b0e421b2452675cee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Id bet you could find some sort of no till coulter for that thing and make it no till(ish)

Top Bottom